Chapter 49

"I can't believe you are on your last week. I going to miss you so much here", Amar said earnestly.

"I know...AASRA humari zindagi ka itna important part ban chuka hai...uske baigair khali khali si ho jayegi humari life", Naina said looking around.

"Well, I am happy you have accepted the offer to come back", Amar smiled.

Naina have entered the 8th month of pregnancy and Shalini advised against of working now. She is already a critical case and any mental strain would be bad for her. So she decided to take a break from AASRA for sometime.

"Kaise hai ab tu? Vaise I know ki things are good between you and your ex now", he said with amusing eyes.

"Han vaise sach me ab cheeze kafi thik hai. Kuch had tak samajhne bhi lage hai shayad hum ek dusre ko", Naina said thoughtfully.

"Good...ab vo tujhe help karne ke lie over enthusiastic nahi hota?", he asked with a smirk.

"That he is still...humne hi chidna chod dia hai. Karne do use karna hai to...one job less for me to do", she said annoyingly.

They both chuckled over it.

He looked at her her with known eyes and she can almost hear them aloud.

"It's not what you think it is", she said shaking her head.

"Well ....I didn't said anything", he said defensively.

"I know what you want to say ....Bol de. Pet me mat rakh, dukhega varna. Gyan die bina khana to hazam hoga nai tera", Naina said teasing him.

He laughed out aloud. She kept her hand on her chin to waiting him to finish.

He looked at her. She has changed so much. He had seen the progress from his own eyes. Being on the job to help out women like her, he rarely seen such an incredible change.

Agreed she had a strong backing which most women coming to such centers don't. But there is something else too. Her confidence, her drive towards her future is something else. It's like she became a new person altogether.

"You know Naina...tumhe yahan maine, Shalu aur Aalekh ke kahne par lia tha. I was not sure ki this stint will help you much. Par ab jab tumhe dekhta hu na...I feel so proud of you. You have come so far", he said with honestly in his eyes.

Naina smiled with tears in her eyes. No one in her life has praised her so much. Like ever!

"Kabhi kabhi sochta hu ki kya trigger tha tere is change ka?", Amar wondered.

"Aur ye kyu janna hai tujhe?", she played along.

"Kyu matlab? Are I am here to make this change possible for others. Chal ab bata chup chap. Don't hide this secret", he added mischievously.

"Shut up...you know there is no secret", she dismissed him.

"Really? Don't you think there is? Tujhe nai lagta your ex had something to do with it. From the blasting on Rajveer or even doing house hold chores with him, you kind of got a closure. Or may be since your one night stand with him", he asked with a laugh.