Chapter 14

Naina is crying on Naveen's shoulder and he is feeling really helpless. How can he console her, he also doesn't know.

He knows the pain of separation more than anyone. Not just army but life also taught him that. Leaving behind your loved ones is never easy. From his past experiences, he knew. You will never know, if you will see your loved one's alive next time or not.

Naveen is going for a urgent mission and Naina is scared and disheveled. She is not ready for this sudden departure. This is the first time she is witnessing this way of life and unpredictability.

She is sobbing and Naveen is trying to calm her down.

Naveen: hey bhagvan ye ladki bhi na. Naina I will be fine. Aisa kuch khatarnak nai hoga vahan. I have done much more dangerous missions than this.

He is tapping her head and Rajveer is standing a bit away. He is thinking how is she is going to handle it, when he might need to leave for a similar situation.

Naina: I don't know Bhaiya. Aap bol rahe hai ki aap vahin se posting ke lie chale jayenge. Humse mile bina.

Naveen: are pagli. Acha I will try my best ki mai joining ke pahle tum logo se milta hua jau.

Naina: vada kijiye aap humse.

Naveen looked helplessly at Rajveer. He doesn't want to make false promises to her.

Rajveer held Naina's hand and gently pulled her to him, "Naina, Naveen try karega. Vo kaise vada kar sakta hai na. Use nai pata ki sab kaise figure out hoga"

Naina looked at him with his innocent hazel eyes and Rajveer felt himself melting over it.

He squeezed her hand lightly, "Tum chinta kyu karti ho, ye call karega na"

Naveen on queue said, "pakka karunga, mission se lautate hi"

Naina looked expectantly at him, "pakka vada?"

Naveen pulled her cheeks, "pakka vada. Ab rona band kar. By God, itna to meri hone vali biwi bhi nai royegi mere jane par"

Naina chuckled in tears, Naveen sighed in relief. Rajveer is now patting her head, "hum chalenge na is bevkuf se milne"

Naveen: chup rah sale. Tu hoga Bevkuf.

Rajveer: Tune sala kisko bola.

Naveen: tujhe. Naina meri bahan hui to tu sala hi hua na. Aur sun tu Naina, isne kabhi bhi tujhe tang kia na to sabse pahle mujhe batana. Chodunga nai ise mai

Naina is laughing at their banter. This is what she is going to miss most. Their home is generally so silent and she is comfortable with it. But now since Naveen has come, their life is filled with laughter and conversations.

The most important thing she is afraid of loosing is this new Rajveer, who is so free and joyful from last couple of days. So different from the old Rajveer, Naina knew.
——————————————————————————

Rajveer and Naina are driving back to home. They went to drop Naveen to the airport and Rajveer can see, how Naina is looking miserable.

As usual she is not saying anything to him, but her light sobbing and red eyes told him her situation. He is amazed how she bonded with Naveen in such short time.

True that Naveen is easy to like or even love. He is on of the most popular cadet, in not just their batch but even among other batches.

But Naveen is not the same anymore. He became introvert and cocooned in compare to his old extrovert, fun loving self. Loosing his parents at such an young age and being left with practically no family, took a huge toll on him.

On the surface Naveen is same. He crack jokes, talks to everyone around. But once alone every memory, every loss comes back. He stopped flirting with every other girl, became much more serious and most importantly, realises the importance of loved ones in life.

Although Naveen always valued his friendship but now, he treasures them. He hold his loved ones really dearly. Rajveer is the one person who is closest to him and now Rajveer felt he truly found a sister in Naina.

Rajveer looked at her, stray hairs flying with wind and the innocence on face is so endearing. She is not the most beautiful girl he had ever met but surely, she is one with most beautiful heart.

He know that she is still is intimated by him, even though he was always gentle with her. How can he not be? It's one thing he is always careful about.

He had seen his father being so dominating to his mother. Almost to the line of being rude.Treating her like she is nothing, that he always vowed never to repeat this behaviour with anyone.

But somehow he is still not able to make Naina fully comfortable in his presence. Or may be it's just that she is still adjusting to this relationship. Or may be he needs to loosen up more.

Naina is still sobbing and Rajveer couldn't take it anymore. He is feeling bad to see her like this.

He stopped the jeep near a small lake. He turned to her and hold her hand, "Naina"

Naina didn't said anything but sobbed more at his touch. He pressed her both hands, "Naina, dekho meri taraf"

She finally looked up to him with tearful eyes. He sighed at looking her like this, "Naina, please sach batao mujhe kya hua hai? Tumhe to pahle se pta tha na ki Naveen kuch hi din hai humare sath?"

Naina looked down at this and her tears fell on his hands. He again asked gently, "please batao Naina"

Naina kept looking down and said, "Rajveer, hume Bhaiya ke sath sach me lagne laga tha ki humari family ka ek chota sa hissa hume vapas mil gya hai. Aur fir.."

She again started sobbing and Rajveer embraced her. He is patting her and let her cry.

Sometimes it's important to let the pain flow and the only thing you can do is, to make them feel that they are not alone in the pain. Who else can understand this more than Rajveer.

She cried in his arms and he let her. He is just tapping her head and kept holding her. Rajveer didn't cared about the people passing by or anything else than supporting Naina.

Finally Naina calmed down after a while. He kissed her forehead lightly and gave her water to drink. When Naina denied he forced her to drink as he knew it's going to help.

When Naina is in a better state he started the vehicle again. He didn't asked her to explain anything else as he knew what exactly she is feeling. There is no need of words, when their silence speaks so loudly.

Suddenly Naina spotted a fair. She smiled at the carnival rides.  Rajveer noticed it and asked, "Kya hua Naina"

Naina turned to him excitedly, "pata hai Rajveer, jab hum chote the na to maa baba hume har sal aise hi mele me lekar jate the. Pata hai hum vahan har jhula jhulte the, gola khate the, bubbles udate the aur pata nai kya kya.... itne saalon bad aise ye dekha na to..."

Rajveer looked at her twinkling eyes, " to chalo"

Naina is amazed at him, "kahan.. mele me?"

Rajveer: Han Naina. Chalo. Let me find parking.

Naina is feeling a strange happiness growing inside her. It's something she never felt ever. She never thought that someone would care for her little wish like this. This is special. This is precious for her.

/* so I posted again this week, keeping my word 😉. Tell me how you liked this update */