Chapter 42

Naina is sitting in cafeteria waiting for Amar. She is perspirating and fidgeting around continuously. From the time she entered the Center, she was not able to concentrate on any activity or work. Finally she gave up and now waiting for Amar to join.

"Kab aayega tu?", Naina typed in whatsapp.

"Therapy me hu. Ruk ja", Amar replied.

She felt the urge to dump the phone on ground but she controlled somehow. The phone alone remind her of Rajveer, after all he is the one who gifted her that.  Now she felt like crushing it in million pieces.

Before she could act on her impulse, her phone rings. Pooja is calling her. She picked up immediately.

"Aur bol ringtone, kaise chal rahi hai life?", Pooja asked in a jolly mood.

"Basad machi hui hai...", Naina replied.

"Oye...tu galiyan dene lagi hai...kya bat hai? Kya hua? Purane handset ne fir kuch kia kya?", Pooja asked chuckling.

"Nam mat le uska...kamina...actually yar...even I am...I fucked up yar", Naina confessed.

"Oye ...pahle bata hua kya? You are ok na ?", Pooja is concern now.

"Han, I am ok. Matlab physically I am ok...I..I ...kaise batau", Naina tried to frame the situation.

"I..I ..ke aage bolegi", Pooja asked.

"I ..I...we..we slept together last night", Naina finally told. She had her eyes squeezing shut to gather courage.

"WHAT...what the hell...", Pooja exclaimed.

"Naina...slept matlab both of you did it ...right", Pooja asked again to confirm.

"Han na...besties thodi hai hum ki snuggle kar ke so jayenge", Naina snapped.

"Woahh.....Naina ...shant ho ja yar. I mean itna panick karke kya hoga..", Pooja tried to calm her.

"How could I ...I slept again with him...do you understand what I am saying Pooja..I ..I", Naina is fumbling.

"I know...par ab to ho gya na...tu dekh itna pareshan mat ho yar...but how? I mean how can you", Pooja said clearly confused how to deal with this situation.

"Sleep with him haina? I had a weak moment aur we ..I mean he is being nice and I was vulnerable...Yar kaise batau...I had that need...I just felt to...", Naina tried to explain Pooja but unable to explain.

"You meant to say that you wanted to do it?..matlab it's consensual right?", Pooja asked.

"Of course it's consensual. I mean he wouldn't dare...he tried to back off actually...humne hi..", Naina said with her head in her hands.

"Okkk...so what's the status now? Tum dono ne bat ki", Pooja asked.

"I will call you later..Pooja", Naina replied.

Before Pooja could say anything, she disconnected the call. She is not ready to deal with the mess she had created earlier today.

She turned to see Amar smiling at her. He had obviously heard something or everything may be.

She sighed in exasperation and sat down.

"Bol ab tu bhi...", Naina said irritatingly.

Amar chuckled at her expressions, "kahan chali gai thi kal?"

Naina looked at him and threw her hands in frustration, "bhag gae the hum...are kya hai? Dum ghut rha tha humara deewaron me islie chali gai the...itna kaun panik karta hai yar".

"Tu aise chali jayegi to kya hoga...vaise bhi sara halla to tere ex ne machaya tha", Amar says.

"My ex ...us idiot ne to alag raita failaya hua hai. Man to kar rha hai ki sir fod du uska", Naina said making a face.

"Bap re..itna gussa. Kal rat ko to nai aya gussa...jab bechare ka fayda utha rahi thi", Amar replied.

"What...tune sun lia sab? Areee...it's not..", Naina said guiltily.

"Hanji sab sun lia...it's ok yar. People do it sometimes. Kuch nai hota yar. You had fun na...how was it vaise?", Amar teased her.

"Tu ....tu....tu na pagal hai yar...kya bol rha hai. Ja rahe hai hum", Naina tried to get up when he made her sit again.

"Are relax..mazak kar raha hu yar....tu itna tension kyu le rahi hai", Amar says while taking a seat besides her.

"Tension kaise nai le yar...tu samajh rha hai humne kya kia?", Naina replied again panicking.

"Are kya kia matlab? You had sex with him. Period. Dekh itna tension mat le. If you don't want, it won't change anything", Amar said trying to make her calm.

"Hmm..", Naina said thoughtfully.

"Vaise Naina...do you want anything to change?", Amar asked softly.

She looked up suddenly at him for couple of seconds, "pata nai....I mean nahin. I don't think I can".

"Matlab? Naina I think you still have feelings for him. Haina?", he concluded.

She didn't replied anything but keep fidgeting with her dupatta.

"He was genuinely worried for you last night, Naina", Amar said holding her hand to gain attention.

"I know", Naina replied in a little voice.

"Acha ek bat bata... did you feel better after hitting him", Amar asked.

She looked up in surprise. She didn't knew, he was present there.

She shakes her head in denial.

"Pata tha mujhe....Nainaaa...", Amar shakes her head which made her smile.

"Pagli....", he said and side hugged her.

She smiled at him thinking at least something in her life is normal.

—————————————————————————

Naina's shift is almost over but still she is in office. She doesn't want to go back and face him. Specially after what happened in the morning.

She put her head down on the table and entire thing played in her mind again.

As usual her morning started with a puckish sensation in her stomach. She ran towards the washroom and came back when it hit her.

Whatever happened last night. She felt like the floor slipped beneath her legs. She took support and sat on the bed with her head in her hands.

That time Rajveer entered with a glass of juice and they looked at each other.

Awkwardness made the air thick and both of them are struggling to breathe.

"Naina...vo...kal rat", Rajveer spoke to initiate a conversation.

"Kal rat....it was nothing", Naina replied with straight face.

"It was nothing? Really?", Rajveer said with a shocked expression.

"So? We slept together so many times before....did it meant anything for you. No right", Naina said menacingly.

Rajveer stood there stupefied. He never expected this.

"Plz jao yahan se...mujhe ready hona hai center jane ke lie", Naina said.

He left without a single word and she closed the door on his face.

Both of them stood, breathing heavily on opposite sides of door.

/* thanks everyone for quick 50 votes. So as promised, here is the new update.

Ab next one itni jaldi nai dal payungi. But let me know you thoughts on Raina's situation. Any suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Votes and comments are compulsory as you never know, mood acha raha to next update jaldi mil jayega 😉 */