Chapter 13

Naveen couldn't help to keep Naina out of his thoughts, after that conversation with Rajveer.

Being an orphan himself, he completely understands the emptiness which Naina might have felt her entire life.

Naveen had lost his parents recently and Rajveer is the only person he counts as his family.

That's why he made sure to see him every couple of months. Even if it means he has to use his holidays for it. Rajveer is the one who helped him get through his tough time.

Luckily Rajveer was at leave when he heard about Naveen's parents. He immediately went to see him and stayed along him with during all the rituals which followed.

Rajveer met Naveen's parents frequently during their training and loved them. He knew what Naveen might be going through, as they are a close knit family.

And upon it he lost them in a road accident.

No closure, no preparation and suddenly loosing your parents like that make you question your life decisions. Naveen was a mess.

Rajveer used his father's connections to get him posted with him. Rajveer's mother tended Naveen dearly. During that phase only Rajveer came close again with her mom.

Naveen remembers how Rajveer made sure that Naveen is occupied all the time. He made sure that Naveen never succumbed in his sorrows.

For one complete month Rajveer stayed with Naveen like a shadow. Finally once they join back, Rajveer was forced to stay away from Naveen for some time. But he made sure to still spend a significant amount of time with him. Even cutting back his time to meet Ritu.

One time Rajveer told Naveen, "Zindagi humesha use jeene ke bahane zarur deti hai, jo zingadi ko mouka deta hai bahane dene ka".

It used to be the mantra for Naveen.

He wants to help Rajveer now. He knew he is in a mess now.He wants best for him, and he knew Naina is the best for him.

Naveen knows that consciously Rajveer can never hurt a soul but pain makes people commit mistakes. Naveen wants Rajveer to get free of that pain. To breathe again in fresh, pain free air.
——————————————————————————

One day when Naveen reached Rajveer's house upon which he saw Naina sitting on the porch quietly .

He silently went up to her, she was occupied and didn't noticed him. He noticed her and realised that she is crying.

He got worried and knelt in front of her, "Naina, kya hua ? Ro kyu rahi ho tum?"

Naina wiped her tears and trying to fake a smile said, " are kuch nai bhaiya, vo bas aise hi. Aap aayiye na, mai chai banati hu"

Naveen understood she is trying to divert him and tea is his weakness and Naina makes superb tea.

Naveen: Naina ek bat batao.

Naina: jee Bhaiya

Naveen: Tum sirf mujhe bhaiya kahti ho ya manti bhi ho?

Naina: are Bhaiya. Mai ye sirf kahne ke lie nai..... mai sach me manti hu aapko bhaiya.

Her eyes so honest and true that Naveen smiled at her. She is actually is so naive. He wishes that she truly is his sister, then he can protect her always. But may be he can.

Naveen with authority, "fir batao kyu ro rahi thi? Raj ne kuch kahan? "

Naina immediately shakes her head in denial, "nai Bhaiya. Unhone kuch nai kaha. Aj asal me humara birthday hai aur humari bat Pooja jo ki humari best friend hai usse bhi nai ho pai. Islie vo bas...."

Naveen was bewildered, "aj tumhara birthday... par Raj ne to kuch bhi nai bataya ..."

Naina : Vo darasal unhe pata nahin hai humare birthday ke bare me

Naveen smacked his head on his friend's stupidity, "kaisa gadha hai Raj. Ane do use, batata hun mai"

Naina smiled on this. Naveen put his hand on her head, "Janamdin bahut bahut mubarak ho. Aur aj tumhare birthday pe mai to kuch laya nai tumhare lie to gift me khud ko de rha hu. Tumhara bhai Naveen. Life me kabhi bhi kuch bhi kahna ho ya zarurat ho ya nai bhi ho, I will always be there for you sister"

Naina smiled from ear to ear on hearing this. She couldn't controlled herself and hugged him. He hugged her back keep his one hand over her head affectionately.

Naina closed her eyes. This really is a big birthday gift for her. She never dreamt of anything more after Rajveer but now due to him, she even got a big brother.

——————————————————————————

Rajveer came back a little later with a big beautiful cake with him. He kissed Naina gently while wishing her birthday, even said a whispered sorry.

After her cake cutting they left for a birthday dinner and came back late at night. Naina is changing when Rajveer's cell started to ring. He picked up and called Naina.

Naina comes thinking who would have called her on his number. He offered her his phone and she acknowledged , "Hello"

Pooja: hello ki bacchi. Happy birthday!!

Naina: POOJA!! Kidhar hai tu. Pata hai Subah se hum try kar rahe the tujhse bat karne ki.

Pooja: are mera phone kharab ho gya hai aur academy ke phone ne bhi kuch issue aa gya achanak kal se.

Naina: fir tune call kaise kia? Aur ye number kaise mila tujhe.

Pooja: tere pati ne kuch jugad kia academy me. Maine infirmary se kia hai ye call with special permission.

Naina: Kya?

She shot a grateful look upon Rajveer, who smiled indulgently, winking at her.

Pooja and Naina talked for a while during which Rajveer left the room to give them privacy.

After the call, Naina came back to return the phone to Rajveer, " thanks humari Pooja se bat karvane ke lie"

Rajveer held her hand, "sorry, tumhara birthday bhulne ke lie"

Naina smiled with tearful eyes and hugged him, " Naveen Bhaiya ne bataya na aapko Pooja ke bare me? Aapne kaise call arrange kia mera sath uska"

He hugged her back saying, " Han Naveen ne bataya. I know someone at her academy, uske through arrange kia. Par ek bat batao, tumne mujhe khud kyu nai bataya?"

Naina blinked at him few times, " hume laga ki aapko kyu pareshan kare"

Rajveer cupped her face upon this, " kyu matlab "

Naina looked up in his eyes, " matlab ...... vo.....hume laga ki ... aapko pata hoga ya fir pata nai if u wanted to know something like this"

He looked at her in speculation, " Naina age se kuch bhi ho. I want to know everything about you"

Naina's eyes twinkled looking him, falling for him yet again.

/* so tell me friends how did you liked this part. Happy Monday!! I am trying to update AASRA twice a week.

Also my friend sanistories had her book storm published and as a reader I can say, that it's really interesting and fun read. Do give it a try. */