Chapter 54

"Aur kitni bar kahu mai sir, mujhe nahin pata tha", Rajveer replied.

Major Kumar is interrogating him for the 7th time. He haven't left the base in last 4 days, from the time interrogation started.

"Captain Rajveer, you are his son. How can we believe that you are telling truth", Major Kumar reiterated the same question.

"Sir, you have done two missions with me. You know very well what rapport I share with my father. Still you want to ask this?", Rajveer finally spilled the beans.

Although it's no secret to anyone that he and Paramdheer have issues but still he avoided washing his dirty laundry out open.

"Rajveer, I trust you. But you know it's the protocol", Major Kumar softened his tone.

"I understand Sir, but I haven't lived in the same house with him longer than a month from as long as I remember. How would you think he would confide something this big to me?"

"Even at work I denied working with him. Even when it means, delaying my promotions. Sir, my track record should be proof of my innocence", Rajveer said controlling his breaking voice.

"You are dismissed, Captain. But you need to stay for some time here. At least until you are cleared off charges", Major Kumar said while leaving the room.

Rajveer was locked in the room.

He knew this would happen the day news got broke. It's a huge deal.

Col. Chandra is trying his best but the protocol needs to be maintained.

Even his mother is dragged to this investigation. She was living under the same roof which put her status into more doubt.

Reeti is also kept under surveillance. She is also in base from past two days, going through various probing.

She broke down finally in her last questioning, crying and begging in front of inquisitor. She felt so belittled, answering questions about her involvement in the scam.

She is clueless about the entire thing but still going through rounds of inquisition.
—————————————————————————

Naina felt really lonely in the house.

From past one week, Rajveer is practically living on the base. Pooja have left after her brief stay and now Naina is all alone.

Managing food and house chores started taking a toll on her.

One such day, Amar called her to check on her. Her voice is so shaky that he couldn't help to come down to check on her.

"Kaise hai tu?", Amar asked in seeing her.

He brought a lot of food along with him, which she pounced on.

He chuckled on it. She is still a foodie at heart.

"Tu akeli hai yahan? Tera ex husband kahan hai?", he asked.

"Actually vo abhi jo scam hua hai na...his father was supposed to be involved in this", Naina replied.

"What? Vo jo abhi Army ka major scam news me chal rha hai vo? Really? That's shocking", Amar said.

"Han. Aur ab since uske father involved hai to he is also under radar. Pichle 1 hafte se he is almost all the time in investigation", Naina said.

"You are ok? I mean tujhe to nai bulaya na?", He asked with concern.

"Nahin...hume nai bulaya hai kabhi bhi", Naina told him with a meek smile.

He opened the banana walnut cake packet and offered her a slice, "kha kar dekh. It's yum!".