Chapter 57

"Maa kaise hai?", Naveen asked.

Rajveer sighed and looked up. He is sitting in Naveen's quarter which was home for him from past few months.

"Thik hai. Shock me hai. She is not able to accept the fact that he was involved", he replied with a cold tone.

Rajveer know what Naveen actually wanted to talk about and he really doesn't want to talk about this now.

They stayed silent for sometime. Naveen also felt bad about it, but he needs to do that.

"Raj...I think..."

"Mujhe yahan se shift ho jana chahiye. Hai na?", Rajveer snapped.

"Raj dekh...ab mai aa gya hu. To vo purpose hi khatam ho gya na jiski vajah se tu yahan ruka tha", Naveen said gently.

Rajveer gulped and held his head in his hands, "just after all this you have to say this Naveen. ......I guess tune ab bhi...khair ....I will leave. Quarter ke lie apply kar dia hai. Ek ya do din me issue ho jayega".

Naveen nodded and Rajveer left from there.
——————————————————————————

Naina took a sip of tea and immediately kept the cup down. The taste is starkly different. She knew this is not made by Rajveer.

"Kya hua Naina?"

"Kuch nai. Aise hi", Naina said quietly.

"Naina ....mujhe tujhse kuch bat karni thi", Naveen said avoiding her eyes.

She waited for him to talk.

"Raj...use maine kahan hai ki vo yahan se shift kar jaye ab kyuki ab to tu yahan akeli nai hogi"

She nodded but didn't said anything.

Naveen stayed put , expecting her to respond but she didn't said anything.

"Naina....are you ok with it? Matlab if you want...", Naveen asked in confusion.

"Ye aapka ghar hai...jo aap thik samjhe", she replied taking the almost full cup to the kitchen. The tea is not drinkable for her.

"Naina...ye tera bhi ghar hai. You have a say", he said stopping her by holding her hand.

She gave him a small smile and went to the kitchen. He followed her.

Naina emptied the cup in the sink and turned to see him standing on the door with a stunned expression.

"Hume itni mithi chai peene ki adat nahin hai", she replied looking at his expression.

Naveen nodded. He obviously doesn't know that. They hardly knows habits of one another.

She went back and sat on the chair facing the balcony. Her regular spot where she had her evening dose of caffeine along with Rajveer.

"Naina...tujhe bura laga mera Rajveer se yahan se jane ko kahna?", Naveen asked. He is not able to interpret Naina. She is different from the girl he last met.

"Nai aise koi bat nai hai"

"Tu aur Rajveer.....kahin tum dono ne fir se..", Naveen is finding it difficult to put it together.

"You wanted to ask if we are back together", Naina asked with an amused expression.

Naveen felt embarrassed, "Han I mean.......Dekh I am not judging you if you both have decided that. I know akele sab manage karna is difficult. I just thought after what happened with you...", Naveen tried to explain.

"I haven't forgotten anything", Naina replied with a straight face and left to go to her room.

Naveen left looking at her bewildered over her reaction.

————————————————————————

Rajveer came with the ordered food and unpacked it. He prepared a plate for his mother.

"Maa kha lo plz. Bahut din se dhang se nai kha rahe ho", he said.

She took a small bite and then kept it back on the plate.

"Mujhe aj bhi bharosa nai hota hai ki unhone aisa kia", she said looking almost lost.

Rajveer put the morsel back in her mouth, "aap itne sal rahin unke sath fir bhi".

She chewed the morsel and swallowed it down, "isilie to. Mujhe lagta tha ki ye jaise bhi hai apne desh ke lie vafadar hai. Unki isi bat se bas mai sab seh leti thi. Jis shiddat se vo apne desh ke lie jan dene ki bat karte the......".

He put another morsel in her mouth, "maa aap jante hai na vo kya soch rahe the. He didn't thought it would harm our country".

She looked at him sharply, "Raj...mai shayad tum logo ki tarah smart nahin hu par itna to mujhe bhi pata hai that it's bullshit. Han he is involved in a army food supply scam par unhe kaise nai pata chala ki how big this is. Aur ek bat bata...rashan ke through hi sahi, he is harming the army....jiske lie he supposed to live".

Rajveer had no words now to comfort her. He knew she is right.

He made her eat everything on the plate slowly. They are back at his father's place for few nights. He will shift to his quarter once it's allocated.

They stood on the huge balcony facing the beautiful garden, his mother tended like a baby.

"Raj..."

"Hmm"

"Tu kab shift ho rha hai"

"Parson tak shayad. Kal mujhe quarter allot ho jayega hopefully. Safai karva ke uske bad shift ho jayunga"

"Tujhe koi aitraaz nahin agar to mai tere sath rah lu kuch din", Reeti asked with wet eyes.

Rajveer looked at her deeply and then embraced her, "Maa aapko puchne ki kya zarurat hai. Vo aapka hi ghar hai".

She cried in his arms, "Mai Kuch alag rahna chahti hu. I don't know your Dad anymore. I need to figure out things".

He made her look at him, "aap alag hona chahte ho unse".

She nodded and he held her. He knew it was coming from a long time but this incident gave her the final push.

Finally his mother is ready to let go of that toxic relationship. He looked up with a small smile that finally something good came out of this mess.

————————————————————————-

Naveen placed a dinner plate in front of Naina. She took it silently.

"Sorry Naina. Mujhe shayad Raj ko jane ke nai kahna chahiye tha"

Naina looked up at him to say something but he shakes his head.

"Bolne de mujhe. Gadha hu mai. Ek simple si bat samajh nahin paya ki ye mera decision nahin hai"

Naina is surprised at this.

"Dekh mai janta hu ki tune zindagi ajtak dusron ki sharton pe jee hai. Aur mai bhi vahi galti kar rha tha tere sath. Par ab nahin"

A lone tear dropped from Naina's eyes. Naveen wiped it with his thumb.

"Tu jo karna chahti hai vo kar. Tera ye bhai tera sath humesha dega. Bina kisi shart ke", Naveen concluded.

Naina smiled ear to ear upon this. Naveen gave an awkward hug to her and left.

She is simply kept looking at him retreating figure, thinking what she did to deserve such a gem of person as her soul brother!

She took the plate but then shot of pain went through her stomach. The plate came on floor with a heavy voice, alarming Naveen.

/* happy weekend friends!! What do you happened to Naina?

Votes and comments are compulsory for next update.
*/