Chapter 43

From several days life has taken a silent turn in Naveen's home. Neither of the living beings talk to each other. They simply perform their duties and keep to their respective rooms. But stillness is troubling them...specially one of them who desires it previously.

Rajveer has changed now. He still do most of the chores at home but finish it quickly in her absence. Try not to come in her way and kept to his room.

Naina who loves it initially, now felt weird. His eyes who have a dejected look seems to avoid her. He still cared for her, prepare her meals like before and even kept a silent tab on her. But it's like something is off.

Life continues like this for them. Gloominess started to catch up with Naina. She started avoiding home, stayed back at Center more than necessary. Almost daily Amar dragged her to home.

Naina is in guilt. She knew that she was not wrong but still she knew that her words hurt him. Yes, he did hurt her more...way more ...but does that mean she would do the same?

—————————————————————————

It's Sunday and Naina is contemplating something. The stillness in the air has nothing to do with the weather which by the way is very windy and rainy today.

She moved towards his room for the first time and saw him sitting near the balcony watching the rains. His face still bears the sting of her words but she can't change that. She doesn't want to either, after all she still haven't forgiven him.

"Ahem...do you have a minute", Naina asked from the door.

Rajveer who clearly was occupied in his thoughts got startled.

"Yes..plz", he said. He stood up to show her towards a empty chair.

Naina sighed but took the seat. It might take time, she thought.

"Vo...kal mera gynaecologist ke sath appointment hai", Naina said.

Rajveer looked at her but didn't said anything. He wanted to accompany her but realised that it should be her decision.

"Do you...do you want to come along? Kal meri last sonography hai. So they will check if the baby is doing well", Naina told finally. She is looking everywhere but at him.

Rajveer on the other hand kept looking at her all this while. He can see her face changing colours, something he used to love watching before.

"Will it be ok for you, if I come?", he asked.

"Han. You said, you want to be a part of baby's life. So...I mean I can understand if you don't want to come", Naina said looking up at him. She is afraid of making this decision but finally came here.

"Mujhe ana hai...kab hai appointment?", he asked.

"Kal hai. 11 baje subah", Naina replied and got up to leave.

"Thanks Naina...for letting me, to be a part of this. I know I don't deserve it but still", Rajveer said.

Naina turned to look at him. His eyes are a little watery which made her weak but she couldn't be weak again.

"Vo us din ..ke lie", Naina started to speak.

"It's ok. I know you hate me Naina and trust me, I know I deserve worse than this", Rajveer spoke with his eyes filled with tears.

It broke her heart and she couldn't bear it any longer. She managed to come back to her room with a straight face and fell onto bed, crying her heart out.

As how much ever she cried, the pain never ceases to exist. It's like the pain is always there only she forgets it's existence sometimes.

————————————————————————

Naina slept while crying and didn't woke up until she heard a slight knock on her door. It's Rajveer to tell her that he kept her lunch outside.

She opened her door and saw the plate. It's aloo paratha today with a smiley drawn on it with tomato sauce. There is a small note with it saying, "Thanks".

Her lips automatically curved in a sweet smile and she was taken back to the memory lanes.

She was feeling much better after talking to Pooja but last night's memories are still haunting her.

Even a small sound makes her jump and so Rajveer insisted her on staying in bed. He was doing something while she was talking to Pooja. She is intrigued to check upon him when he entered the room.

"Tan..taden...lunch is ready and served on bed mam", Rajveer announced while entering the room with a tray of food.

She raised her eyes while he set the plate for her. It's khichdi with a smiley drawn on it with sauce.

"Khichdi with smiley?? Hum chote bacche hai kya?", she asked chuckling on his lame attempt to make her feel better.

"Well...who said it only works on kids...Varna tum kaise hasti batao?", he replied taking a seat besides her.

She gave a heartfelt smile to him, while he made her eat first bite.

"Woww....this is good. Kaise banaya? Hume to pata hi nai tha ki aapko khana banana bhi ata hai", Naina acknowledged surprisingly.

"Well tumhara husband, Intelligence me kam karta hai. Apne sare ikke ek bar me thodi kholega. Dheere dheere pata chalega tumhe ...kya pata, tab bhi pata na chale", Rajveer replied mischievously.

"Acha ji....dekhna aap. Hum kuch hi dino me sab jan jayenge aapke bare me sab kuch", Naina said in a challenging tone.

"I will look forward to it, Mrs. Shekhawat", he smiled mysteriously like accepting the challenging.

Naina's eyes got clouded with tears. How she would give anything, for them to go back in that time. Most beautiful days of her life, after that incident. How after the darkest hour of her life, sun shone so brightly until the clouds came again.

/* this update is dedicated to my dear Soumya0706 . Have a amazing birthday and year ahead!!

Votes and comments are compulsory for the next part 😉

*/