Chapter 50

/* I can't believe, I have reached 50th update for this. Bore ho rahe ho to bata do. Although update pahle kuch aur socha tha lekin we have to mark the update 😉
*/

"Ahhhh...ahhh"

Naina is in pain since morning. It started as mild pain which was told to happen sometimes during pregnancy . But now it's increasing.

Rajveer is frantically calling Shalini or any gynaecologist. But it's a Sunday and it seems everyone have either switched off their cell phone or are out of reach.

He doesn't want to leave her there but he don't know what to do.

"Naina..mai bas 10 min me ata hu...Shalu lo lekar...", he stroked her head.

Sh is sweating and withering in pain. He doesn't understand what he could do. They are scared to do anything as it might hurt the baby.

Holding her hand, he wiped her face with a wet towel. She screamed again and he is now in tears too.

"Naina..hold on..mai bas abhi aya", he said and rushed to Shalini's home.

Shalini was scared to see him so distraught but upon hearing the situation she took her emergency kit and left immediately.

When they reached, Naina almost lost her conscious due to pain.

Shalini took over and checked her. She asked him to resume sponging her face.

"It's not serious. It's Braxton-Hicks. Basically false labor. Itna serious pain nai hona chahiye tha use par it differs case to case. It will pass in sometime", Shalini told him.

He is looking lost, "sach me they both are ok right doctor?".

She pressed his shoulder, "they are fine, Raj. Don't worry. Fir bhi kal ek bar checkup ke lie hospital le ana. Right now let her rest".

He nodded still looking equally stressful.

Shalini smiled at him. So much has changed between both of them. She can tell how much Naina and his future baby mattered to him.

She can sense it in Naina too. She started to trust him again, although with small things. But well, it's a start!

"Give her some warm water Raj. Jyada garam mat karna", she said taking the wet towel from his hand.

Naina's condition is improving. She opened her eyes to see Shalini sitting at her bedside and smiled meekly.

Rajveer came back with warm water and made her drink it. She immediately felt the need to use the loo.

After coming back, she is feeling much better.

"Naina...tum constipated ho gai thi?", Shalini asked.

"Shayad....pata nai...stomach was feeling a bit funny aur subah se fir itna pain", Naina said.

"I think Naina is suffering from a mild constipation and fake labor case combined. Islie jyada dard badh gya. Please apne khane ka dhyan rakho. Don't stress your digestive system right now", Shalini said getting up.

"Aj din bhar light khana aur kal hospital check up ke lie aa jana. I will take leave now", Shalini said with a smile.

Naina and Rajveer looked at each other. Rajveer felt guilty of making her eat all those desserts in one day. Naina too smiled at him in understanding.

Shalini left them alone, denying Rajveer's offer of dropping her home.

He came to her with a banana, "ye kha lo. It's good with stomach troubles".

"Really...so ye tumhara ilaj hai after that dessert feast", she smiled taking that banana.

She doesn't feel like but she have to eat something. They again ordered a bunch of desserts last night and ate all of it.