Chapter 11

Kabhi dekho man nai jaage,
Piche piche sapno ke bhaage,
Ek din sapno ka raahi,
Chaala jaye sapno ke aage kahi,

Naina is humming this song while Rajveer is playing with her hairs. They are lying down on a lazy afternoon.

Rajveer: ek bat puchu Naina?

Naina: hmm

Rajveer: Tum humesha purane gane kyu gunagunati ho? I mean tumhari generation ke log to ye gane kam hi sunte hai na

Naina looked at him, "kyuki hume purane gane pasand hai"

He didn't said anything further but Naina stopped humming after that. He took her hand and kissed her palm. She closed her eyes to feel the touch and after some time said, "humare pass na ek purana transistor tha, shayad humare baba ka tha"

He kept holding her hand and she continued, "jab bhi hume akelapan lagta tha na hum us transistor par gane sunte the. Jyadatar farmaishi geet ya fir geetamala"

He looked at her, Naina is recalling her past and the pain is there on her face which is telling him things which is hidden in that story.

Naina stopped for a second and then said, " radio par to purane gane hi jyada ate hai na. Islie hume vahi yad ho jate the. Aise bhi hum tv nai dekhte the to inhi gaano se yaaden judi hai humari"

Rajveer hold her in his arms and keep stroking her hairs. He understood why she never watched tv as none of the family members interacted with her much. He understood her loneliness and sad eyes when she was recalling the memories.

They are so similar in this manner. Searching for love and affection but never found any in the past. Two souls who are thirsty for love and attention.

—————————————————————————

Rajveer came home very excited and as usual, start searching for Naina. He found her in the backyard doing some work and he swings her in his arms.

Naina smiled at his enthusiasm, "Kya bat hai? Aapko aise pahle kabhi nai dekha"

Rajveer smiled at her, "abhi thodi der me mera dost aa rha hai mujhse milne, pure 1 sal ke bad. Mera sabse acha dost. Tumhe milvayunga"

Naina: acha. Thik hai. Mai na pakode banau fir?

Rajveer: rat ko aayega vo. Chodo vaise tum bana do. Mujhe na sun ke hi bhukh lagne lagi.

Naina laughed at this and went to kitchen. But few minutes later Rajveer heard a cry from kitchen.

He went to check and see Naina got her feet burnt as the oil spilled as the pan got dis balanced.

Rajveer immediately put her feet under water and took ice to rub on it. She had tears in her eyes due to pain and seeing that he lifted her to take to bedroom.

He put her gently on bed and made ice water in a bucket to dip her feet in. She felt a bit relief after some time but her feet has blisters visible.

Rajveer put medicine on them with light hand, "ab aaram karo chup chap bed par. Idhar udhar nai jana hai"

Naina: par khana?

Rajveer: vo bahar se aa jayega. Tum rest karo

Naina: are par aapke dost pahli bar ghar aa rahe hai

Rajveer: pahli bar hai na. Vo dubara fir aayega. Abhi kuch din yahin hai. Tum ye sab mat socho aur aaram karo.

He can see her fidgeting so he added sternly , "sochna bhi mat Naina uthne ka. Kahan na chup chap rest karo"

Naina got a little nervous seeing him like this. He never raised his voice in front of her.

She kept mum and drifted in a light sleep.

She slept for few hours and woke up by a light banter which is coming from the other room. She tried to listen from bed but Rajveer realised that she is
up.

He came inside followed by someone.

Rajveer: Naina, abhi kaisa lag rha hai?

Meanwhile the other person also came to his side, " Hello, mai Naveen. Is nalayak ka best friend"

Naina smiled at Naveen, she felt a warmth due to his presence.

Naina: Hello, Bhaiya. Hum aapko bhaiya bula sakte hai na?

Naveen smiled and said, "bilkul. Ab se bhai hi hu mai tumhara"

Rajveer: acha to matlab party badal li itni jaldi

Naveen: Han to. Itni pyari behan milegi to party to change karni hi padegi.

Rajveer shakes his head at Naveen's drama. He is like this only.

Naina: hum aapke lie kya banaye.

But before she can move Rajveer stopped her by holder her back, "kaha tha na ki kahi nai jana hai"

Naveen: are no tension khane ka. Tumhare is kanjus pati ko lutne ka mouka bar bar kha milta hai. Humne already pizza order kar lia hai aur vo aa bhi gya hai. Lekar ate hai hum.

Naina kept watching Naveen and Rajveer. The way Rajveer took care of her today made her heart bloom with love.

But the way Naveen made her feel is beyond understanding. It's like he is family. It's a feeling she can't explain.

She is so happy having these new relationships in her life. Having no true relatives to having some true one's felt priceless for her.

/* so let me know how you liked this update for AASRA. I know this update brought a change in their equation, new year new changes. */