Chapter 40

He opened the door 7th time to check again in the room and washroom. But she is not there.

He is getting scared now. His breathing abnormal and he is sweating due to stress. Finally after checking every damn corner for the eighth time he concluded that she is definitely not in the house.

He ran outside to check in the garage. Naveen's car was in the parking, she didn't took it out. He checked out the reception and the common area. Asked the guards and people walking by. No one is aware of her whereabouts.

"Hello...hello Shalu", he called the only person in Bombay he could trust with this news.

"Han...Hello....Captain....kya hua? Is Naina ok?", Shalini asked after hearing his panicked voice.

"Vo...vo....Naina is missing Doc", Rajveer replied.

"What?? Missing? Kya hua...you know what leave it...I am coming...kahan hai aap?", Shalini said.

"I am in courtyard of the flat", Rajveer replied in a broken voice and fell onto his knees.

He shielded his face by his hands and broke. He doesn't know what went wrong this time, how come they again got to this point. But the only thing clear to him is, he can't loose her again.
—————————————————————————

Shalini found Rajveer outside the building, looking really lost.

"Captain...", she couldn't think of anything to say apart from this.

He looked at her with terrified and defeated eyes.

"She would be fine....do you have any idea...where could she go? Kuch hua tha aap dono ke bich ...koi jhagda", Shalini asked as she took out her cell phone.

"Ha...vo..vo...gusse me thi...bas uske bad pata nahin..", Rajveer says looking helplessly at Shalini. His tears eyes is a proof of his distraught mind and she didn't enquired further.

She dials a number and he picked up after 2 rings.

"Yes Doc ...kya hua?"

"Amar...Naina is missing. Do you know ki vo kahan ja sakti hai?", Shalini asked although she knew she is making little sense.

"Kya...Naina is missing? Kuch hua ghar par?", Amar asked.

"Han it seems she is upset...", Shalini replied.

"Ohk...Aise to kuch idea nai hai mujhe bhi...but dhundhte hai...where would she go...idiot", Amar says with concern.

"Tum aayoge yahan?", Shalini asked.

"What's the point? Let's split and search. Vo uske nikamma ex ko bhi bolo dhundhe...usi ka kia dhara hai sab", Amar said in disgust. He understood Naina's missing status is a result of constant drift between them.

Shalini started her car and asked Rajveer to take his to search inside base. She is going to search near by area and Amar is going to check areas nearby help Center.

—————————————————————————

Rajveer is moving here and there to check for Naina. He closed his eyes to remember what she was wearing and the entire scene played in his mind.

He asked again if she wants anything as she is visibly upset. She looked at him throwing daggers from her eyes.

"I just want ki tum kuch kha lo...I mean it's a long time you have eaten anything aur Shalini ne kahan tha ki you should eat in regular intervals", Rajveer said meekly.

She took the plate with a jerk from him and ate it in a hurried manner.

He tried to say something but she gave a look to him which made her stop immediately.

She stuffed her mouth with difficulty with the food as he looked helplessly. And suddenly she sways, he is alarmed but she shows her hand to stop him.

She rushed to washroom and threw up. She is throwing up and it's making her wobble. He couldn't resist further and held her.

Naina tried to throw his hands off but he held on. She continues to throw up and once done, doesn't have any strength to walk back.

He understood and took her to bed. He made her lie down, cleaned her up and made her drink some water.

He then went to clean the washroom and came back to check in her. She is looking at him with melancholic eyes. A single tear escaped and traced back to her ears. He came close to wipe it gently. She closed her eyes on his touch. They stayed like that for some time while both of their eyes are wet.

Tum Chale Gaye, Kuch Boola Bhi Nahi, Panw Se Mere, Phisli Hai Ye Zaminn...
Shasein bhi Kah Rahi Hai,
Wo Aayengi Nahi,
Sayad Bina Tumhare,
Jee Paungi Nahi...

"Please leave", Naina said by closing her eyes.

His lips quivered but no words came out of them. He is at complete loss of them. He stood and left.

He stayed in the balcony, smoking and giving her some space. What have he done? What is he doing? He had no reply for his own questions.

Some traitor tears again found their way and he let them flow. He is feeling so lonely today. There is no one in this entire world who is even trying to understand him. He had suddenly lost everything and his only hope is a newborn. Who might not hate him. Whose love might be unconditional and who knows he will finally find a home with the baby.

Suddenly he spots a girl in white kurta. He realised that Naina is wearing the same today and with it he witnessed the most horrific sight of his life.

She is directly in front of a lorry truck which is in reverse mode. The driver couldn't see her and she seems not to notice the loud horn it's making.

The distance is reducing between them and Rajveer felt his life is getting snatched away from him.

/* Let me know your guesses over what happened next?

Votes and comments are the only elixir which makes us going. It would take hardly few seconds but gives me a lot of motivation. I really try to make this story worth it.

Any suggestions are welcome.
*/