Chapter 51

The continuous ringing of Rajveer's phone made Naina come inside.

His mother is calling him. She picked up.

"Raj.....Raj.....vo log tere Dad ko le gaye...Raj", Reeti was saying in a panicked state.

It alerted Naina immediately, "Maa...kya hua aapko? Aap thik hai? Kaun le gya?".

Meanwhile Rajveer came inside and Naina handed him the phone.

"Kya hua Maa", he asked.

"Beta vo ...kuch log aye the aur vo Paramdheer ko le gaye...kuch bahas ho rahi thi unke bich...mujhe bahut dar lag rha hai", Reeti told.

"Mai abhi ata hu", he said and disconnected the call.

"Naina vo...", he looked up at her with worried eyes.

"Jao..I will be fine", Naina said.

Rajveer nodded and went.

Naina slumped on his bed thinking what would have happened. Reeti sounds really distressed on phone. Although she spent little time with her but Naina is really fond of her. She is a kind lady.

She thought of something and called Sherry.

"Han ...Naina bolo. Sab thik hai na?", Sherry asked. She is just leaving from office.

"Vo...could you come home today? I am just feeling a bit restless", Naina said.

Sherry felt something fishy. Although she is supposed to visit Naina but during her entire pregnancy, she rarely visited. They are connected through phone but she wanted to give them some privacy.

Today all of a sudden her request to visit felt out of place to her.

"Tum thik ho na Naina?", she asked suspiciously.

"Han I am fine. Aisa kuch nahi hai", Naina replied.

"Ok, I am coming", Sherry said and booked a cab.
———————————————————————————

Rajveer came back with Reeti. She is in a distraught state. Her eyes can tell anyone how helpless she is feeling.

Naina came and sit besides her. Rajveer handed her a glass of water.

Reeti took it but didn't drink. Her eyes keep shedding tears. Rajveer side hugged her and she cried.

"Raj...they are saying he is involved in some scam. They took him....what is happening Raj", she said in broken sentences.

Rajveer took a deep breath. He had a hunch that something is going on after his father made a scene that day.

He knew calling to check will be of no use. He have to be in base to know what's going on.

"Naina...Maa ka khayal rakhna plz...mai base se hokar ata hu", Rajveer asked Naina.

She nodded in response.

But before he leaves he got a call from Col. Chandra. He took the call.

"Capt. stay at home. Infact for few days stay at home and don't come to base", Col. said.

"Why Sir?", Rajveer asked.

"I can't give you complete details. There are various arrests going on. You father is one small link. Media already got an inkling about this. I don't want you getting involved in this drama. Stay away from your home for some time with your family", Col. said.

Rajveer sat down. He couldn't believe that his father is involved in a scam.

He is sitting with his hands in his hairs. His mother is sobbing in another corner and Naina is feeling clueless about the entire scenario.

——————————————————————————

BIG SCAM UNEARTHED IN ARMY

A whole lot of senior and junior officers along with some politicians are charged for being involved in a scam.

Scam is is wildly spread from as small sections as grocery supply to arms suppliers. Majorly this scam is involved with money laundering but other angles are also being searched for.

Army haven't specified the details of the people involved.

Rajveer is reading the article. He is feeling like his entire life is running circles in front of his eyes. However his dad was, he never imagined him to be involved in such things.

He closed his eyes in an attempt to find some peace but none came. Few tears passed through.

He leaned back on the wall and staring outside. It's sunny today. As if clouds are on holiday or sunlight have finally decided enough to with them grey weather.

Time passed through and he was sitting like that. Didn't felt hungry or even felt the need to change his position.

As the sun started to go down and the sky became pink with it hue, he felt as if everything is broken inside him. He couldn't take anymore. Discouraged and disappointed he felt life is just being unfair with him.

He works hard. Really do work hard to make things better but somehow ends up in a even big mess. How  did he missed this?

He curled his legs and put his head on his knees, pulling his hairs is desperation of finding some warmth. He know that he is supposed to take care of his mother too but who will take care of him? Doesn't he deserve some care? Someone to hold on too?

His entire life is like this. Running from one problem to another. Watching his parents fight, his father mentally abusing her mother made him introvert. Even in boarding schools he had difficulty making friends.

He is scared of going back to home. Because he again have to witness the same bitterness between his parents. His father's extreme discipline makes even boarding school look like heaven.

And then Ritu came. Initially she is like a breath of fresh air and then when their relationship turned toxic, he didn't even realised. He is so used to being such relationships that he didn't even recognise the pattern.

Now this scam of Dad. Everything is just falling apart in his life. He is about to become a dad and what kind of father he would be? He himself is struggling every day to figure things about himself.

When he got to know about the baby. His immediate thought was that he will never let him or her face the same issues he had faced. But will he able to save the child? When he himself couldn't save himself from getting hurt?

Will it be right to bring the child in this world where things will turn each and every second? Was Naina's initial decision of aborting the child was right? What kind of childhood his kid will have with a already broken family? Is history going to repeat itself?

/* happy weekend friends.

Comment and votes are compulsory

*/