Chapter 55

"Maa...aise mat socho maa", Rajveer is trying to console her mother.

Investigation is going in full flow and currently investigators have put Rajveer off the hook. They are concentrating of bigger fishes in the pond.

So many political connections are surfacing and it's getting difficult to track. The scam is getting too much media attention and army is under pressure to complete the investigation as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, Reeti is still under the radar. Sometimes Paramdheer used her phone for his motives and it's counted as evidence against her.

Rajveer is generally at base trying to support his mother. Although things are just keep messing up.

Rajveer kept patting her mother's head and finally she drifted to sleep. He made her lie down and closed the door while coming outside.

"How is doing Capt."

Rajveer looked up to see Col. Chandra.

"You know sir how it would be...she is in base from past 10 days. Giving answers to questions whose answer she herself don't know", Rajveer said.

His eyes are so tired that it doesn't even tears up anymore.

"Your father wants to meet you. Do you want to?", Col. asked.

Rajveer thought for a minute and agreed to see him.
—————————————————————————

He went inside the cell and it's locked from outside.

Rajveer stood watching his father for sometime. He knew that he is just kept in the cell but not being tortured.

His father is a very small fish who currently is cooperating for the investigation.

Paramdheer sighed deeply and looked up at him, "nafrat karte ho na mujhse".

Rajveer who is already staring at him said, "Han".

"Raj ye jo bhi hua....", he said in a defeated tone.

"Mere lie surprise nai tha...I know aap kar sakte the. Par ye alag bat hai ki jis desh ki seva ka aapko itna ghamand tha aapne usi ko dhokha dia", Rajveer replied vengefully.

His father hung his head low, "mujhe nahin pata ki it's in such big impact. Mai to bas canteen supplies ke lie kuch trades manage karta tha. Yakin mano mera apne desh ko dhokha dene ka kabhi iraada nai tha Raj".

Rajveer can see the remorse in his eyes. For the first time in his entire life he is confessing that he was wrong.

"Vajah kuch bhi ho. Par galat to galat hi hota hai", he said.

But while stating that he felt the irony in the sentence. Isn't he use to justify his mistakes too? Maybe he is after all Paramdheer's son.

"Reeti...", Paramdheer mumbled.

"Maa...dus dino se bas ek investigation officer se dusre ke pass bhatak rahi hai. She is still in denial ki aap is scam me involved the", Rajveer said.

Paramdheer looked away in guilt. Reeti is suffering because of him. The women who never had the place she deserves either at him home or his life.

"Aapne kabhi maa se pyar nahin kia par kam se kam itna to socha hota ki aap apne gande kaamo me unhe na fasaye"

"Kya matlab", Paramdheer asked confusingly.

"You have called those people from her phone ....that's why she is getting investigated", Rajveer bursted out.

But his father is looking still confused. Then the reality hit him. One very rare occasions due to network issues he called from her phone.