Chapter 36

Rajveer was knocking Naveen's door from past half n hour. Everyone is avoiding him at his home, but he is consistent.

Finally after 40 minutes of constant noise, Naveen opened the door.

Naveen: Kya hai Raj?

Rajveer: mujhe Naina se bat karni hai Naveen.

Naveen: nahin. Naina tujhse nahin milna chahti hai. Please ghar ja Raj.

Rajveer: thik hai. Mujhe jo kahna hai vo mai tujhse kah dunga. Please tu Naina ko bata dena, itna to kar sakta hai na?

Naveen: Raj ...

Rajveer: mujhe pata hai ki maine jo kia hai uske lie tum sabne mujhe maf nai kia hai. Maai bahut bura insan hu...mujhe sab pata hai. Par plz ek bar meri bat to sun le yar.

Naveen looked at Sherry. She sighed and nodded. Naveen moved back to let him in.

Rajveer's eyes searched for Naina but there is no one except Sherry and Shalini over there.

Naveen: nahin milegi vo tujhse. Ab bata kya bolna hai?

Rajveer gulped. In his hurry of coming here, he didn't thought of how he needs to present his thoughts.

Rajveer: ek glass pani milega.

Naveen poured a glass for him. He drank it in one go.

Rajveer: Vo Col. Chandra kah rahe the ki tu kisi mission ke lie ja rha hai

Naveen scrunched his eyes over his mission reference, "Han to?"

Rajveer: to tab fir Naina ke sath kaun rukega?

Naveen: how is it any of your business?

Rajveer: can we cut this crap please? She is carrying a baby for God's sake. Don't you think she should not be staying alone at this stage?

Naveen: excuse me. I think you have abandoned her not me.

Before Rajveer could revert, Sherry decided to intervene . "What's your point here, Raj?", Sherry asked.

Rajveer: my point is what's your plan? Because if she is going to stay alone, I have a plan.

Naveen: Really !!

Shalini: let him complete Naveen. He might have some point.

Naveen shot an angry look at her while Rajveer a grateful one.

Rajveer: see I understand ki vo mere sath nai rahna chahti hai so may be I can go in Naveen's place. So that Naveen can stay back with Naina.

Everyone was stunned. None of them had an inkling that Rajveer could suggest something like this. This was an actual selfless gesture from his end.

Naveen: thanks Raj. But this mission can only be led by me.

Rajveer: but why? I am equally competent. Matlab dekh mai tera credit nai lena chahta par is situation me...

Naveen: ye mera nai Col. Chandra ka decision hai. We can't replace anyone in my place. Plz bat man, nai already sab try kar chuka hu

Rajveer who is pacing here and there now, fidgeting with his hands.

Rajveer: to Naina akeli Kaise manage karegi fir?

Sherry: weekends par I will come, baki time she can manage. Kuch hoga to she will call me.

Rajveer: aur agar use achanak chakkar aa gya to ya kuch aur ho gya to? How is she going to manage then?

Naveen: so do you have any solution for that? Sherry has a job which is far away from here. She can't stay here full time until urgent.

Rajveer looked at Shalini meaningfully, "Doc, have you told them Naina's condition?"

Naveen: what condition? Kya hua hai Naina ko?

Shalini: isilie mai ayi thi yahan Naveen. I want to talk about Naina's condition. She is suffering from clinical depression in pregnancy. It might cause postpartum depression also.

Naveen: what does it mean for Naina?

Shalini: sometimes during pregnancy it happens. Aur Naina ka to thoda past issues bhi the.

With it she gave a dirty look to Rajveer, he looked down on this. He knew it's because of him, she is suffering from this condition.

Shalini: it might make it harder for the mother to care for herself or the baby. Aise me hum Naina ko akele nai chod sakte.

Naveen held his head in his hands, "fine. Let me quit this mission then. Aur koi chara nai hai"

Rajveer: mere pass ek aur rasta hai. Please listen to this with an open mind.

Naveen looked at him sceptically.

Rajveer: let me stay with her in a capacity of the baby's father only. Let me take care of her.

Naveen: what?? I will not let you go near her at all.

Rajveer: sun to le meri bat.

Naveen: mujhe kuch sunna hi nai hai. Kya bakwas hai ye? How can I trust you ki tu use fir chod ke nai bhag jayega?

Rajveer: you know I will never do this

Naveen: I didn't believed that you can do that the first time itself. Apni aakhon se nai dekhta to shayad believe bhi nai karta.

Rajveer: it was different yar plz samajh. That's my baby too. I am the biological father of the child. It's my responsibility.

Naveen: aur Naina to padosi ki responsibility thi na?

Rajveer: it's different now... aur baki sab kaise manage hoga? Finances etc?

Naveen: it's none of your business how are we going to manage that.

Naina: bas...bas kijiye aap dono.

None of them have noticed Naina coming inside.

Naveen immediately made her take a seat.

Naina: Rajveer, batayiye kya kahna chahte hai aap?

Rajveer felt so belittle at that instant. He never expected that Naina will pitch into the discussion. He wanted to see her but to explain anything to her is entirely different matter.

He sat in front of her, "Naina...vo Mai...I am sorry Naina...Maine jo bhi kia.."

Naina went to sit at a different place, " agar aapko ye sab baaten karni hai Rajveer, to it's better that you should leave. I don't want to talk about us at all now specially with you"

Rajveer looked at her astonishingly. Whatever time they spent together, Naina never spoke so clearly in front of him. She is so submissive generally and today she spoke clearly about her boundaries.

Rajveer: ahem...thik hai Naina. As you wish. I want to stay with you in Naveen's absence in capacity of our child's father.

Naina: ok. And how do I believe that you won't run away again and stay for the entire time Naveen won't be there.

Rajveer: I won't abandon this time

Naina: how can I believe you?

Rajveer: Kya karna hoga mujhe to make you believe?

Naina: Sign the divorce papers with me as the primary custodian for the baby.

Rajveer kept looking at Naina, not believing a single word she spoke so clearly.

Naina: these are my conditions if you want to stay connected with the child. Otherwise I will get the full custody and divorce anyways.

/* so tell me how did you found this update. Tables have turned and what do you think Rajveer and Naina will do now.

Comments and votes are compulsory for next update.

On a separate note, I know I am late for my updates. But me and my entire family is detected as corona positive. I am going through a tough time currently and it's difficult for me to be in a mental zone to update regularly.

I hope you all will understand and deal with my erratic update schedule.

Please stay safe everyone!! It's a tough time for all of us. Take really good care of yourself and your loved ones*/