sixteen.

OLIVIA BAKER POV

OLIVIA BAKER POV

NEXT DAY

"LATRELLE!"

I ran up to him and gave him a heartfelt hug. He wrapped his arms around me which created a tingle in my spine for some reason.

Well, I know why. Because I'm feeling something for him.

Anyway, Latrelle's been in so much turmoil ever since Coop cut us off, and I can't help but feel like I'm the reason why. I got in between them and she probably feels like I'm taking Latrelle away from her or something.

"I'm so sorry about Coop! I blew her up but she left me on read!" I said.

Latrelle broke up the hug. "Yeah, same here. She's really done with me and I can't fathom it. I don't want to fathom it. She's been my best friend since forever and now-"

He trailed off and his eyes got watery. It's taking all of my strength not to wrap my arms around him again. I don't want to be too touchy just in case he doesn't feel the same way.

I rubbed his back and said, "I just don't understand why she's acting like this all of a sudden. You guys were fine before I came around. Did I do something?"

Latrelle looked at me and pursed his lips. He's clearly hiding something.

"Latrelle."

He sighed. "It's not my place to say, but yeah, you play a part in this."

Yeah, I had a feeling that I did.

"Well I'll do what ever I can to fix this."

"That's the thing, there's nothing that you can do. Coop is stubborn, and once she's done, she's done," he said.

I frowned as we began walking down the hall. "You mentioned a Shawn yesterday?"

He nodded. "Yeah. The Head Prophet. And I just don't understand why Coop wants to be around him. I know they live together, but still. She knows that he's bad news."

I bit on my lip, not really knowing what to say. As we walked, everyone was looking at Latrelle and gossiping.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why is everyone talking in hushed whispers?"

Latrelle just shrugged it off. "Whatever. Have you talked to your dad?"

"Nope." I popped the P. "He hasn't been in a talking mood. Jordan probably did something."

Latrelle sucked his teeth. "His annoying ass."

"Speaking of Jordan," I muttered as I saw my brother approaching us.

Jordan instantly started shit with Latrelle. "May I ask why you're talking to my sister?"

"And may I ask why you're in my face right now?" Latrelle retorted. "Or better yet, why are you even at this school?"