forty three.

RUBY MARTINEZ POV

RUBY MARTINEZ POV

I'm in science class and Alexa's in this class too, which is good because we need to talk about what just went down!

Her and I are the ones that spray painted Monse's locker, that's true. And I just framed Monse as the bad guy, that much is true too. But I'm certain that Monse saw Alexa and I fist bump, so she knows that we're in cahoots! The question is, what is she gonna do about it?

I pulled out my phone to text Alexa.

ME : Monse's on to us!

ALEXA : That's good.

ME : How?!

But she just left me on read and focused on the lesson. I huffed and put my phone away. I'll just talk to her after class.

-

As soon as class was done, I dashed up to Alexa. "About earlier, Monse knows that we're responsible!"

"I told you that's good."

"HOW?!" I asked once again.

"No one else knows what we did except for her, so if she snitches on us she's gonna need some amazing proof," Alexa replied. "But she won't have any so everyone's gonna see her for the crazy bitch she is."

Then Alexa played the victim. "Beating up on poor innocent me! How sad."

I just rolled my eyes. "That fist bump was more than enough proof! Even Cesar saw us!"

"Cesar isn't going to suspect a thing," she said firmly. "I'll make sure of that. And even if he does, he'll be on our side. I'm his girl, not Monse."

I'm not too sure about that. "I just really don't wanna get kicked out of school."

"And you won't because if you go down, I go down, and I'm not having that." Alexa smiled at me now. "We're partners in crime, Ruby. I got your back. And since you helped me out, it's time for me to help you."

My heart skipped a beat. "You mean Chloe?!"

"Yup! Come come!"

Alexa left the classroom and I ran after her. She said, "Chloe should be on her way to the bathroom."

Oh god, is this really happening?! Am I really about to make Chloe mine?! I pulled out my phone at that realization to make sure that I look handsome enough for her.

We made it to the bathroom and Chloe's standing in front of it looking as good as ever. I'm trying so hard not to drool.

Alexa wasted no time. "Chloe, this is my friend Ruby. Ruby, this is Chloe."

"I know him already." Then Chloe whispered to Alexa. "He's the leprechaun, remember? And I'm sorry, he's your friend? I thought we hated him?!"