seventy six.

ALEXA DEMIE POV

ALEXA DEMIE POV

NEXT DAY

I hate walking through these school halls. Everyone is still looking at Ruby and I weirdly because of what we did to Monse, and it's all thanks to that rodent Cesar! I fucking despise him!

Jamal, Ruby, and I looked around the hall and saw Olivia and Asher, Chloe and Jordan, and Monse and Latrelle all thriving. I am so god damn envious right now.

Ruby's jealous too. "Look at them! I can't stand it! Chloe was supposed to choose me!"

I rubbed his back. "I'm so sorry, Ruby. I tried to convince her to give you a chance but I guess she didn't want to."

Ruby balled up his fists as he glared at Jordan. Then Jamal said, "Okay, I feel like there's a lot of things that the three of us need to settle once and for all. I need to talk to Olivia, Ruby needs to talk to Chloe, and Alexa needs to talk to Monse."

I'm lost. "Why Monse?"

"Because Cesar is trying to get back with her and you can't let that happen!"

I rolled my eyes. "I really don't give a shit about Cesar anymore. And if Monse wants to go back to him, he'll just cheat on her again."

"Oh Monse isn't going back," Ruby stated as he looked down the hall. We followed his gaze and saw Monse and Latrelle thriving some more.

"They look really...happy," I admitted bitterly.

"Unlike the three of us, so get talking!" Jamal demanded before walking off. Ruby walked off towards Chloe, so I guess I have no choice but to talk to the girl that I humiliated.

Lord give me the strength.

"Hello Monse, can I talk to you?"

Latrelle gave me the deadliest look ever. "I don't think y'all got shit to talk about."

Monse put her arm out in front of him. "It's cool, Latrelle. I'm willing to hear her out."

Latrelle's ready for me to talk. "Yeah ight. This better not be no half assed apology either."

I glared at him right back. "In private."

Latrelle isn't okay with that, but Monse agreed. "I'll be back, Latrelle."

And then we walked away from his nosy ass and Monse crossed her arms with a serious look. "I'm listening."

I began by saying, "You probably already know what this is about."

"About Cesar snitching on you?" Monse snickered a little. "Gotta say, this kinda feels like a 'I told you so' moment. I told you that he'd do you dirty."

"You did and now I realize that I should've listened to you. No one can change Cesar. He's meant to be a dog. But I do hope you know the only reason why he snitched is-"