ten.

MONSE FINNIE POV

MONSE FINNIE POV

"Chloe really told you to apologize?" Jamal asked me as we stood at my locker.

I nodded vigorously. "Yes! I don't understand her! Like how blind can she be? Alexa clearly doesn't give a shit about her! She doesn't give a shit about anyone but herself!"

"And Cesar," Jamal put in.

For some reason, all of the heartbreak came rushing back to me once he said that. Honestly, I'm just glad that Ruby caught Alexa and Cesar that night, and not me. I don't know what I would've did.

"Gee, thanks for reminding me."

Jamal frowned and apologized on Cesar's behalf. "I really am sorry for what he did."

That ticked me off. "Why are you apologizing, Jamal? You're not the one who cheated."

"I know..." He fiddled with his fingers. "I just don't want us all to fall apart because of one bad choice."

"The squad isn't going to disband because of Cesar's ass," I assured him. "He's just...not going to be a part of it anymore."

Jamal frowned harder.

"But you and Ruby are my friends for life," I continued, placing my hand on his shoulder. "You guys are amazing. And don't feel bad about Cesar. Everything happens for a reason. If he really loved me, then he wouldn't have cheated."

"He was high, Monse."

"And now he's not, but he's still being a dog." I started running down the list. "He's entertaining Alexa's kisses, examining Olivia thirstily-"

Jamal scoffed when Olivia was mentioned. "Yeah well, I don't think you have to worry about Olivia. She seems to be allll Latrelle's."

I leaned against my locker. "You sound mad."

He shrugged and looked across the hall, fixating on something in particular. "I just think that she's really beautiful."

"Then shoot your shot. Don't let Latrelle take her from you."

He trailed his gaze on to me and nodded. "Yeah. And speaking of Latrelle, why the fuck does he keep looking over here?"

I followed Jamal's gaze and saw that Latrelle was indeed looking over here. Looking at me. He quickly averted his gaze when our eyes met.