sixty two.

MONSE FINNIE POV

MONSE FINNIE POV

I'm walking around the gym right now, staring down at my phone. I texted Latrelle this morning and he still hasn't texted me back! He wasn't even in math class and neither was Coop!

Now I'm worried...

Does this have something to do with Shawn? Did he find Coop or something?! Did he shoot Latrelle again?! WHY AREN'T THEY HERE?!

I looked around frantically and saw Olivia sitting down on the bleachers, doing some work. Should I ask her about Latrelle's whereabouts? Maybe that's a bad idea since she's still heartbroken, but I need answers!

Fuck it, I'm gonna ask her.

"Hey Olivia."

Olivia looked up at me and smiled. "Oh hey friend! You know, you still haven't texted me."

"Oh, sorry." I pulled out the piece of paper that she gave me and then pulled out my phone and texted her. "There you go."

Olivia checked her phone and saw that she received the text. "Awesome! We should hang out sometime! That's what friends do, right?"

"Yeah, but you know that I hang with Latrelle..."

Olivia let out the loudest groan ever. "Ugh. Well we can hang out when he's not around."

"For sure. And speaking of Latrelle, do you know where he is? I haven't seen him at all."

Olivia gave me a weird look.

Now I feel awkward. "I'm sorry. I know that you wanna forget about him."

"Kinda can't do that when he lives with me," Olivia retorted. "Anyway, I don't know where he is. Dad said that he snuck out of the house this morning."

My ears perked all the way up. Why is he sneaking out of the house? "What? To go where?"

"I don't know. Hence the sneaking out part."

Now I'm worried like crazy. "Oh god. I hope he's okay."

Olivia looked at me suspiciously. "Why wouldn't he be okay?"

Shit. I said too much. I can't tell her about Shawn and I can't tell her about the revenge plan.

"Oh! Um. Nothing!"

But Olivia isn't buying it. "Or maybe this has something to do with who shot Latrelle?"

I didn't utter a single word.