forty six.

ASHER ADAMS POV

ASHER ADAMS POV

NEXT DAY

I walked down the stairs and saw Dad slouching on the couch. He looks an absolute mess and he reeks of alcohol.

I rolled my eyes in disgust. "Dad, when are you going to get off of your ass and do something with your life? Don't you get tired of sitting around this house all day?"

"You think I like this shit?! I lost my job, Asher! I LOST ALL OF MY MONEY!"

He aggressively grabbed his alcohol bottle and took a swig. He also has two unopened bottles waiting beside him and I couldn't help but sigh. "I understand that dad, but alcohol isn't going to help you."

I tried to grab the bottle but he moved his hand back hastily and gave me a death stare. Then he threatened me. "I'll kill you."

My eyes widened. "Over alcohol?!"

"YES OVER ALCOHOL! NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE!"

You know what, I'm not about to get killed right now. You'd think that a parent would never kill their child, but na, my dad really would. He cares so much about his stupid alcohol. More than he cares about me and himself.

Dad scoffed as I walked away. "Talking about do something with my life! I DON'T SEE YOU DOING ANYTHING WITH YOUR LIFE!"

I go to school, that's what I do. But I just walked back upstairs. I don't have the energy to argue with him. I don't wanna lose brain cells.

I slammed my bedroom door and called my girl Chloe. Hopefully she'll make me feel better. She didn't though because when she answered she said, "Sorry Asher, I can't really talk. I'm getting ready."

"Oh. I didn't know that we were going out?" I joked.

"We're not. I gotta meet up with Ruby."

My ears perked all the way up. "Excuse me? The chucky doll?"

"You mean leprechaun," Chloe corrected. "And he's actually pretty cool. You should give him a chance. Okay bye!"

And then she hung up.

Uhhhh, why is she hanging out with Ruby? I thought she hated his guts?! He tried to tear us apart!

Na, I'm not letting this happen at all.

-