sixty seven.

TAMIA COOPER POV

TAMIA COOPER POV

NEXT DAY

I dashed into Spencer's room and saw Latrelle laying down on his bed. I took Latrelle's old room so now Latrelle has to sleep with Spencer. It's so cute.

"YO! You gotta see this shit, Trelle!"

Latrelle jolted upwards. "What?! Something about Shawn?!"

"Na! Cesar, man!"

I showed Latrelle the screenshot I took of Cesar's Instagram post. Cesar posted a screenshot of his iMessage conversation with Monse, and Latrelle needs to see this shit.

Latrelle's looking at my phone hard. "The fuck is this?"

"Cesar posted a screenshot of his conversation with Monse. He quickly deleted it though, but I screenshotted it."

Latrelle's mad now. "Wow. So they text now? That's cool."

"Don't get mad, Trelle. Cesar posted that purposely, just to tick you off I bet."

"Well it worked!" Latrelle shouted. "And why would you show me this if you ain't want me getting mad?!"

"Because I know that you like shorty!" Or maybe he doesn't? "Wait, you still like her right?"

"Of course I do! But I swear to god, Monse's been moving different!"

I defended Monse. "She's just being forgiving, that's all."

But Latrelle doesn't care. "She doesn't need to be! Not everybody deserves forgiveness, especially not Cesar!"

"Well you need to chill on her because she's a part of this team. She's keeping your secret too."

"Yeah, but for how long?" Latrelle questioned. "What if she goes running her mouth to Cesar like you did with Jamal and Olivia?"

I tilted my head at him. "Don't do me like that. I left out the important part, okay? Shawn's name."

Before Latrelle could respond, Mrs. Baker called his phone. Latrelle didn't answer. He just let it go to voicemail.

"You're really avoiding them?" I asked.

Latrelle shook his head. "I can't avoid them. I have to move back in with them tomorrow. I just don't wanna get interrogated anymore."

"I don't either!" Then I started freaking out. "I didn't tell Monty shit, but what if he comes back?! What if he arrests me for non compliance or something?! Or what if he's not gonna protect me now?!"

"Monse won't let that happen," Latrelle assured me. "And if he arrests you, he's gonna have to arrest his own daughter too. I don't think he wants to do that. Do you?"