eighty two.

LATRELLE TYLER POV

LATRELLE TYLER POV

I can't believe that Coop fucked around and got herself snatched up by Shawn! I knew I wasn't just being paranoid! Shawn really was targeting her and Coop didn't say a fucking word!

But I don't think that she could have. Because knowing Shawn, he probably threatened to hurt her loved ones. Me included.

Well it's time for his ass to die for real this time. And I know they say don't bring a knife to a gunfight, but this is the only weapon that I have access to. I need to protect Coop somehow.

So I continued making my way to Prophet territory in this pitch black darkness. But I heard someone running behind me and I quickly took out my knife, just in case I gotta stab somebody. But I don't have to because it's just Monse.

What the hell is she doing here?

She ran up to me. "Latrelle!"

"Monse? What are you doing here?!"

"YOU didn't move discreetly this time," Monse teased. "But are you seriously about to end Shawn?"

"I don't have a choice. He has Coop. And I'll be damned if I let him hurt her again."

Monse's down. "Okay. I'm gonna be by your side then."

"No, you need to go home! I don't want you getting hurt!"

"Don't worry. I have protection." And then she showed me a gun.

My eyes widened in alarm. "Where'd you get that?!"

"It's Shawn's."

"What?"

Monse explained. "Your parents gave it to my dad. I kinda stole it." Then she handed the gun to me. "Here. I'll take the knife."

We exchanged weapons and I smiled down at Shawn's gun. It feels good to hold this again. "Thank you for this, Monse."

"No problem. Now come on, we gotta save Coop!"

And Monse started to run off again but I pulled her back to me and kissed her. And I don't know why I did it either, but I just knew that I had to. And the best part is that she didn't stop me.

It feels like ten minutes has passed by when Monse finally broke the kiss. And of course she broke the kiss because I damn sure wasn't going to.