seventy three.

BILLY BAKER POV

BILLY BAKER POV

After school, we heard Olivia and Jordan enter the house while bickering like crazy. Laura looked at me worriedly. "That doesn't sound good."

It doesn't sound good at all. We told them to walk and talk things out, but I guess it didn't work.

Laura and I know all about what went down at school today. My two finest players hate each other—Asher and Jordan, and it's all over a girl. Then I found out that Olivia actually had sex with Asher two years ago and Jordan hates her for it.

I'm also angry with Olivia! Two years ago?! She was 14! That's way too young to be drinking and having sex! But I'm not as angry because it was with Asher. He is a good kid.

We heard Jordan say, "I don't know why you're still talking to me Olivia, because I don't give a shit about you!"

"I been stopped giving a shit about you!"

"OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!" Laura yelled. "You two were supposed to work things out!"

"I'm never working things out with her! I don't even know her honestly! She's not my sister!"

Olivia scoffed. "I only have one brother as far as I know!"

Now I intervened. "Okay, I'mma need y'all to stop talking like that! What happened was serious, yes, but it's salvageable."

Laura continued. "Which is why your father and I decided that we're all having a family dinner."

"A family dinner? We haven't had a family dinner in forever," Olivia pointed out.

"Exactly! So it's time to change that. It's time for us to be more invested in your lives and it's time for us to be a family again."

Jordan's being difficult. "Well you picked the wrong time for this because-"

"SIT DOWN, JORDAN!"

Jordan sucked his teeth and we all sat at the dining table. I went to get the food that I prepared ahead of time. "I made my famous ribs again!"

"Mmm, how yummy!" Olivia said sarcastically. Then she noticed that one of the chairs is empty. "Uh, where's Latrelle?"

"He said that he was stopping by Grace's place."

"And you just let him?! You know that he's trying to seek revenge!"

Jordan's lost. "Seek revenge? That sounds juicy."

Laura changed the topic. "This is not about Latrelle right now. This about you two. Olivia, you and Asher really had sex?"

"Oh here we go."

"I'm not scolding you! It's just...why?"

"For no damn reason whatsoever," Jordan muttered.