thirty five.

LATRELLE TYLER POV

LATRELLE TYLER POV

The bell rung as I walked alongside Monse. We unfortunately don't have the same class so I dropped her off at English. "Here we are."

"Thanks," she said with a smile. "See you after?"

"Always."

She waved and then disappeared into the classroom. I made my way to my class, but saw Olivia down the hall heading my way. When she saw me, she ducked her head and quickly turned back around.

The hell?

"OLIVIA!" I rushed up to her. "OLIVIA!"

She slowly turned around with the fakest smile I've ever seen. "Oh. Hey Latrelle."

"You avoiding me or something?"

"Why would I avoid you?" she asked back.

"Well you were just ducking from me, and you didn't visit me in the hospital but your dad did. That's a little strange and backwards."

"Monse was there, you didn't need me." Olivia shrugged.

Wait, she saw us?

"So that's what this is about. Monse." I sighed. "Liv, it's not like that. Monse was just being a concerned friend. And that's all she is, a friend."

Olivia stayed deadly silent, not believing a word I'm saying. So I grabbed her hands, trying to assure her that I'm only worried about her, but she removed my hands unfortunately.

"I told you that I loved you, remember that?" I reminded her, since nothing else is working.

"One, I said it first. Two, we were drunk," Olivia replied.

"But I still meant it."

"And I meant it too Latrelle, but..."

Olivia trailed off and I looked at her curiously. "But what?"

But she didn't answer. She just looked at me sadly, which made me realize the answer. "But you don't anymore, huh?"

"No, I do! But I shouldn't..."

"Why?"

"Because you're my..." Olivia trailed off again and sighed. "Look, there's some things that you need to know. Some things that my dad needs to tell all of us. Me, you, and Jordan. So just come to our house later, okay?"