sixty one.

BILLY BAKER POV

BILLY BAKER POV

NEXT DAY

"OLIVIA, JORDAN, LATRELLE! LET'S GO!"

I fixed my watch after that and walked into the living room. I spoke to my wife. "Hey honey. There's practice today so I'mma be late again."

"Whatever."

I sighed because Laura has not been happy with me lately and I need to fix this. So I grabbed her hand and spoke gently. "Honey, can we talk? Because I'm not digging this tension between us."

"That's the thing, Billy! There's nothing BUT tension in this house now! Our kids hate each other for fucks sake!"

"And us hating each other isn't making anything better!" I pointed out. "We're supposed to be leading by example!"

Laura crossed her arms. "So I'm supposed to just forgive you for our kids sakes?"

"Yes. And because we're the adults." I stepped closer to her. "Come on baby, we've been through worse than this."

"Yeah, because of you! It's always because of you, Billy! You're too secretive!"

"No, don't do me like that. It was your secret too."

Laura rolled her eyes. "I'm not talking about Latrelle! I'm talking about the fact that you were giving Grace my hard earned money behind my back!"

"Not all of the time! Only when I needed to!"

"THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!"

"It was for a good reason! Latrelle needed that money!" I told her.

"It doesn't matter, Billy! We're supposed to be a team! We're supposed to tell each other everything!"

I nodded my head and apologized like the bigger person. "You're right and I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Yeah it won't, because at this point, a divorce might be heading our way."

Laura walked towards the stairs and I have a bewildered look on my face. Did she just- "Wait what? LAURA!"

She kept walking up the stairs. "LAURA, DON'T DO THAT! NOT WHEN THE KIDS NEED US!"

"I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU, BILLY!" Laura yelled back before disappearing into our bedroom.

Olivia and Jordan came downstairs at that exact moment, confused out of their minds. "Um...what's going on? Why can't she deal with you?"