thirty nine.

OLIVIA BAKER POV

OLIVIA BAKER POV

NEXT DAY

I'm still so pissed with my family! After Latrelle barged out of our house, I locked myself in my room and never came back out. I didn't text Latrelle or anything because I knew that he needed to cool down. But then Grace called and told us that he might have ran away from home, and I'm pissed all over again!

This is all of Jordan's fault! I told him to let the shit go, but of course he didn't! And this is my parents fault for giving Latrelle up in the first place! Now I may never see him again!

But I did see Latrelle again and my heart skipped a beat. He's heading in my direction, not acknowledging me at all. I stepped in front of him to make my presence known.

"Hey!"

"Sup," Latrelle said as dry as a desert.

"Where were you? Grace called and said that you never came home! We were worried sick!"

Latrelle doubted that. "I doubt your parents were worried about me. They weren't worried when they gave me up."

I sighed. Latrelle's hurting a lot and it's evident. I don't blame him either because I'm pissed too.

My parents were fucked up for giving up on him because 'he was too much to handle.' What the fuck kind of bullshit excuse is that?! Why adopt in the first place then?!

"They're your parents too now, and they were worried," I told him. "But never mind them, I was worried. I thought you ran away or something!"

"Am I avoiding the James family? Hell yeah!" Latrelle confessed. "So I spent the night at Monse's place."

Huh? At Monse's place? Wow.

So first she's visiting him in the hospital and now he's sleeping at her place? What, did he sleep in her bed too?!

"Right. At Monse's place." I scoffed.

Latrelle heard the jealousy in my voice. "Olivia, you can't still be jealous. We're related now. All that romance shit is out the window."

I looked at him sharply. "What the fuck does that mean?"

"It means that what ever we had going on is dead. We're only friends now." He corrected himself. "Sorry, brother and sister."

No! I'm not accepting this! "I'm sorry, but did you forget what you said to me that night?! That you loved me?!"

"And I meant every ounce of that sentence."

"But now you don't?!"

"Olivia, you're my sister for fucks sake! What do you want me to do?! I don't mess with that incest shit!" Latrelle argued.