sixty nine.

LATRELLE TYLER POV

LATRELLE TYLER POV

NEXT DAY

Coop's touching her bruised neck in the mirror and I winced at the sight. Shawn left a mean ass mark on her and I'm pissed! He's really that fucking bold, choking a girl in broad daylight?! And NO ONE was around to help?!

But this is Coop's fault too. I told her not to leave the damn house!

I watched Coop some more and I shook my head. "That shit is bad, Coop."

Coop's terrified. "He's gonna kill me, Trelle. I can feel it."

No the fuck he's not. "You know damn well I'm not letting that happen."

"He could've done it yesterday if he wanted to!" Coop cried out. "I thought that I was supposed to have the cops protecting me?!"

"I thought so too, but it looks like we're on our own."

Coop's pissed. "Man, I knew that Monty would be petty!"

"Monse is starting to think that we shouldn't even include her dad anymore," I told her. "He's getting too nosy."

"Does it even matter anymore, Latrelle?! Everyone already knows what we're up to, even Shawn! He knows that the gun is gone and it doesn't take a genius to know that you got it! Because of me," Coop exclaimed.

"So if you're going to shoot him, can you hurry up and do it?! Because the longer we take to do this, the more time we have for this to backfire! And the more chances Shawn has to KILL ME!" Coop finished.

She's very right about that too. "Man, I was gonna take my time and move smart, catch Shawn slipping or some shit, but you're right. He has to go. He put his fucking hands on you and I'm not about to let that slide."

"So you're gonna end him for real?"

I am. "Yup. Shawn is gonna get got. For the both of us."

"Okay...when?"

I just said, "After school."

"After school?!" Coop shrieked. "Like today?!"

I nodded. "You heard me. After school, I'm ending this shit. I'm killing Shawn once and for all."

And I'mma be doing everyone in Freeridge a favor too.