fifty four.

TAMIA COOPER POV

TAMIA COOPER POV

Olivia and I have been like two peas in a pod ever since Latrelle broke her heart. And I like it, to be honest. This is how I wanted it to be from the jump. Problem is, she's still tripping over Latrelle.

"Look at them!" Olivia nudged her head across the lunchroom and Latrelle is actually sitting with Jordan which is a surprise. I don't see Monse anywhere though.

Olivia stabbed her food aggressively. "I can't stand their asses!"

"They're your brothers. I don't think you're supposed to like them." I laughed a little.

However, Olivia didn't laugh. "No I'm serious, Coop! They are so UGHHH! Especially Latrelle!"

"I beg to differ. Jordan is considerably worse."

Olivia agreed with me. "He sure as fuck is because all of this shit happened because of him! He's so damn nosy and now Latrelle wants nothing to do with me, and!-"

She's about to rant again so I stopped her. "Liv, we discussed this! You need to support Latrelle! He's family!"

"Fuck family."

I gave her a startled look.

She fixed that sentence. "Sorry. Fuck the Baker family." Then she ate some rice. "You know, I'm still shocked about Latrelle robbing Dwayne at gunpoint."

"It was a prank."

"I know, but it makes me wonder what else he's hiding. Actually, I know. His shooter's name."

Oh god. Don't nobody wanna think about Shawn right now! Latrelle has me doing some crazy shit with him tomorrow after school and I'm not even ready!

"And Latrelle keeps lying, saying that he doesn't remember who shot him. He's not slick," Olivia added.

"About that...there's something that you need to know," I told her nervously. I need to tell her that I'm the one who put the hit out on Latrelle. If me and her are gonna be close friends, she needs to know that.

Olivia's ears perked up. "You know who shot him?!"

"Um...I do."

"Who?!"

I can't tell her. "I think it's best if it comes from Latrelle."

She sucked her teeth. "I'm so tired of hearing that! Latrelle obviously won't say anything, but if you tell me then I can tell my mom and she can help!"

I objected. "It's better if we don't say, trust me. But if we're gonna be friends, I feel like there's something that I need to come clean about in regards to the shooting. And you might hate me after this, but I have to be honest with you."