fifteen.

TAMIA COOPER POV

TAMIA COOPER POV

AFTER SCHOOL

I'm at Shawn's place and Olivia's been blowing me up nonstop. She's trying to speak on Latrelle's behalf obviously, and she should just quit because I don't care about what he has to say.

It's sad, man. Never in my life did I think that a girl would be the reason for Latrelle and I's fallout, but it is, Olivia is, and it's all because of Latrelle.

But like I said, they can have fun together. I have Shawn now anyway.

My phone vibrated once again and I sucked my teeth. Shawn entered the room and pointed at my phone. "Shawty texting again?"

I checked my phone and yup, it was Olivia.

"Yup."

He shook his head. "Man Coop, this girl must be real cute for you to be acting like this."

I stared at him angrily from my spot on the couch. "It ain't just about my feelings. I'm just tired of standing next to Latrelle and feeling invisible."

Shawn chuckled.

"What?"

"Now you see why I can't stand the dude."

"But you don't got beef with him right?" I questioned. "Because I told him that you didn't."

That made Shawn smirk evilly. "Oh, so he scared now?"

I sat forward with my elbows on my thighs. "Well a couple of days ago, the Prophets passed by us and they were grilling Latrelle hard. And yeah, Latrelle was shook. We both were."

"Yeah? And tell him it's gonna be worse if he keeps playing with you!"

That made me feel uneasy. "Worse how?"

Shawn lifted his shirt and showed me a glimpse of his gun that he was carrying. My heart dropped.

I sprung up from the couch. "Shawn, that ain't necessary, man! I got this handled!"

"DO YOU?! Because last time I checked, you're sitting on MY couch all depressed over that clown!"

"I ain't depressed! I'm chilling!"

Then my phone vibrated again. I checked the text as Shawn said, "Shawty again?"

I fixated on my phone. "Nope, this time it's Latrelle himself."

"Didn't I tell you to block his ass?!"

"Y-Yeah I will."

And I did with no hesitation. I'm done with Latrelle.

"And block shawty too," Shawn added.

And I really wanna block Olivia, but I can't get myself to do it. My heart is still holding on to her, and I don't know why.