sixty five.

BILLY BAKER POV

BILLY BAKER POV

NEXT DAY

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, L!" I scolded Latrelle as he's packing some things to take to Grace's house. He's staying with her on the weekends.

"Only Spencer calls me L."

"You think I care about a damn nickname right now?! Why were you on Prophet territory with a ski mask?! And why were Monse and Tamia with you?!"

Latrelle let out an annoyed huff. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You keep asking me questions that you know I'm not gonna answer, dad. That's insanity."

Latrelle chuckled a little bit but I'm not laughing at all. Nothing about this situation is funny. "You must think that your safety is a game! And you're jeopardizing those girls safety too!"

"THEY CHOSE TO HELP ME! I AIN'T FORCE THEM TO DO SHIT!" Latrelle snapped.

My ears perked up at those words. "Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Help you do what? Get your revenge?"

Latrelle sucked his teeth and grabbed his bags. "I'm not doing this right now. I need to get to Grace."

Latrelle brushed past me and left the room. I chased after him. "Yes you are doing this! We're not doing secrets in this family anymore so you're gonna tell us who shot you RIGHT NOW!"

Latrelle kept walking down the stairs.

"LATRELLE!" He kept walking. "Latrelle, I can't protect you if you don't want protecting!"

"THEN DON'T PROTECT ME!" Latrelle spat before slamming the door.

I stared at the door, feeling completely frustrated. "Jesus Christ, I have the most misbehaved kids!"

"They get it from their daddy," Laura dissed as she was getting ready to leave too.

I dashed down the stairs and up to her. "Hey, wait a second! We still need to talk about the divorce, baby!"

"My mind hasn't changed, Billy."

I can't accept this. "Come on, do you see the state of disarray that our kids are in right now?! Don't do this!"

"It's because of you! It always is! You went behind my back and I just don't trust you like I used to! And what's love without trust?" Laura replied.

"And yes our kids need stability right now, but I don't want to fake my happiness. And Latrelle and Olivia seem to despise you right now, so maybe it's best if you just move out, Billy."

"Move out?! And live where, Laura?!"

"Your father is always an option."

"Willy?" I rolled my eyes. "You know that I don't talk to him."