Chapter 12

Blaise

-

I hear loud knocking on the door. I share a confused look with Draco and Goyle while Crabbe snored loudly on the couch in front of the fire. I reluctantly stand up and walk to the door. I'm greeted by a familiar face when I open the door.

"Layla?! what are you doing here, It's way past curfew," I say, pulling her into the Common room, she tries to look over my shoulder, but she isn't tall enough.

"I'm aware of that," she says, still looking around.

"Layla!" she snaps her head back to me, "If they see you, you will get another detention." She resumes looking around, "Are you looking for Draco I can-"

"No," she says, cutting me off, and the next thing she says shocks me, "Is Goyle here?"

"Uh yeah, why do you-" she pushes past me before I finish.

"Hey, Goyle fancy seeing you here," she says sarcastically, I see her pulling out her wand, I smirk realising what's gonna happen.

"Layla?" Draco stands from his place on the couch, he was just as confused as I was,

"not now," she raises her hand to his face, causing him to sit back down. He raises an eyebrow, but I just continue smirking at the situation folding out in front of me.

"What the hell do you-" Goyle begins to say before Layla brings her wand to his neck. His eyes widen at the sight of her wand.

"So Boil," I hear Draco snigger,

"what the fuck are you doing!" He says clearly scared. She ignores him,

"so I heard you had a talk with Longbottom about his parents." Goyle scoffs,

"Yeah, so what if I did?" He whimpers as Layla digs her wand against his neck.

"So what if I did," she mimicks him, "tomorrow your gonna say sorry to Nevile. Then your gonna tell the whole school about how much of a git you are."

"Why should I?" He teases, Layla digs her wand deeper,

"Don't test me," she warns.

"Ok, ok," he cries out, she smiles and turns back beginning to leave. "Crazy bitch," he whispers under his breath, she scowls and spins back around walking towards him and punches him right in the jaw.

Draco and I share impressed glances.

"Don't make fun of things you don't understand, you'll end up looking stupid." She gestures to Goyle holding his jaw.

"Hi, Sunshine," Draco jokes, a smile still evident on his face, "I'll escort you back to your Common room." She nods before turning back to Goyle,

"see you tomorrow Boil," she walks away a smile still plastered on her face.

God, she's amazing

-

Draco

-

We walked out of the Slytherin Common room, and I instantly turned to Layla.

"Layla, that was-"

"God, I shouldn't have done that, should've I?"

"No, that was amazing!" She turned to me a confused look on her face, "fierce friend, huh?" We both laughed. I felt this pressure on my chest, I needed to ask her about him. It had been on my mind all week. I didn't want to feel jealous of Fred, Fred Weasley? But how could I not? He was going on dates with this girl, the girl I... I'm not even sure. This girl messed with my feelings, I'm not meant to care. But I do when I'm with her. "Fred," I say abruptly breaking the silence,

"Hm?" Layla said with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean um-ahh do y-" I take a deep breath, "Do you like him?"

"Yeah, we've been great friends since we were kids,"

"no, I mean, do you, do you like him as more than a friend?"

She looks to be deep in thought for a moment, before sighing.

"God Draco, I'm not even sure. I feel like the only time we actually talk is when we are joking around, nothing ever seems to be serious. But I would give it a try, I guess." I nod, I felt slightly relieved to know she didn't like him that way... yet.

"Who's there?" An old grumpy voice demands. Mr Filch. I see Layla's eyes widen before she turns to me, I quickly pull her into the broom closet. She stands in front of me, facing towards the door, her back to me, looking around nervously.

But I could only focus on one thing, our intertwined hands.