Chapter 39

Layla

-

We were only a few weeks into the holidays, and so far, it had been absolutely dreadful.

My parents either had people over or were out of the house. So we spent almost all day in our rooms. And to make matters worse, Charlie was always crying. He begged Cormac, and I do not return to Hogwarts. But we didn't really have a choice. Instead, we simply reminded him he would join us next year.

"It's Laylabug's birthday tomorrow!" He giggled, jumping onto the bed. He was right, tomorrow I would turn sixteen. It was one of my most dreaded days of the year. It only meant I was a year closer to being married by my mother, that witch.

I had become closer to my father over the break, but I couldn't say the same for my mother. The hatred I felt had only grown when Cormac and Charlie had shared the stories. But they spoke of my father being kind to them.

"Layla, I really need some water," Cormac whispered. He looked terrified. My parents had inforced times where we could exit our rooms, now was not one of those.

I let out a sigh, "I'll go get you some."

"No, you can't!" Charlie cried, "You'll get caught." Cormac franticly nodded.

"No, Charlie, I will be fine," I assured him, "I'll be sneaky." He laughed.

I'll be alright. I won't get caught. What would happen if I did? It's not like they could put me through worse than the Cruciatus curse. They couldn't take away my letter privileges. They haven't let me anyway.

I snuck down the hall, avoiding loose floorboards. My heart pounded.

But when I walked into the living room, my heart dropped.

My parents sat on the couch talking. My mother had her arm out.

On her arm, ink swirled, making the shape of a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth. It was a dark mark. My parents were Death Eaters.

Suddenly it hit me. this is what Severus had tried to warn me of.

"Layla, you must be careful!" He suddenly warned me, "your parents... They- They have chosen to be apart of some dangerous business."

They choose this. They helped Voldemort kill him, helped Voldemort kill their very own son.

I felt my stomach churn, and I felt light-headed. We had to get out of here.

-

"Charlie," I shook him gently.

"Huh?" He yawned. Cormac stood at my side. I had explained what I saw, and he was now in tears. "Is it your birthday now, Layla?"

"No, not yet, Charlie," I whispered, brushing the hair from his face. "We have to leave."

"Why?" He said as he shot up from his bed, "Is something wrong?"

"No, everything's alright," I assured him, "but us three, we have to leave, so nothing bad happens." Charlie looked to be deep in thought before turning back to me and smiling.

"Ok," he nods.

-

I couldn't use my wand to get us out of there, so we had walked.

We walked for at least an hour. Until we found it, the burrow. I gasped upon sight. Causing Charlie to jump.

"We are here," Cormac yelled, beginning to run. I knocked on the door, praying someone would answer.

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing a concerned Molly.

"Layla, what happened? Are you alright? You look exhausted," She gasped. I ushered Cormac and Charlie inside, as I burst into tears. They both instantly ran to the twins, who looked upon the situation in confusion.

"Molly- I- I didn't know," I gasped, speaking in between, "they are Death Eaters, my parents, they are Death Eaters." Molly gasped, pulling me into a hug.

"Molly I-" A familiar voice spoke, shocked by my appearance. Jemma?

I looked up. It was Jemma. I pulled out of Molly's hug and ran over. I couldn't believe it, how could she be here? I saw her, she can't be here right now.

"Layla!" She cried, grasping onto me for dear life.

"Jemma, how? I- You- T-they told me you died!"

A/N- I think I might take a short break from uploading as I have officially finished writing Layla's fifth year.
I also have another Draco fanfiction called, Another Weasley Twin, which I will probably work on for a bit, so please go check it out.
Thank you all for reading ❤