Chapter 16

Draco

-

"Draco," Layla whispered, "Draco, you need to wake up." I felt her gently nudge my shoulder.

"Hmmm?" I said, still half asleep. I soon realize where I am. I'm in the Library, supposedly working on my Care of Magical Creatures homework. But I had been sleeping. "Shit," I mumbled, sitting up to begin reading again. Layla gave me a concerned look and came to join me on the couch,

"Care of Magical Creatures, huh?" She said, raising an eyebrow, I nodded. We only had about a week till Christmas break, and I wasn't looking forward to spending it alone at Hogwarts. All of my friends were going home, not me. "Flobber worms," she pauses before getting up and walking over to the bookshelf and skimming through the books.

"You excited to see your brothers?" I say, I liked seeing her happy, and when she spoke of her brothers, she was always smiling.

"Yeah, but I don't want to see my parents near as much," she sighed, she had told me about her worries for the upcoming Christmas break. "Where are you staying for Christmas break?" She asks, trying to change the subject, huh?

"Sadly, I have to stay here. My parents have some sort of business trip," she smiles, sympathetically returning to the couch next to me, handing me a book.

"If you want you could spend Christmas at my house, my parents will probably spend most of it away so it'll just be my brothers and me." I smiled at the thought, I would love to.

"Really?" I say, still shocked at her offer.

"Yeah, I could you use the company as well,"

"Ok, yeah, I'd love to," I say, maybe too eagerly. Smiling, god I loved that smile, she explained what information was where in the books. The whole book would be quite helpful if I was paying attention, but only one thought was buzzing through my mind.

God, I was going to spend Christmas with Layla.

-

Layla

-

"Shoot," I say, looking at the clock. It's eight already, I started gathering my books up and shoving them in my bag.

"Why are you in such a hurry," he laughed. I couldn't tell Draco where I was going, It was our final DA meeting.

"Ahhh, um, I'm meeting up with Daniel," he smirks.

"No, your not," Draco says, "he and Pansy are hanging out." I look back at him,

"really?"

"Yeah, so Sunshine," I feel my heart flutter, "where are you going?" I see his face drop. "You're in their little group, aren't you?" I sigh, feeling guilty as he puts his hand in his hair.

"I'm sorry," It comes out as a whisper, but I do mean it, I could tell he felt torn.

"Layla, please be careful," he looks me in the eyes, a stern look on his face. I nod, Malfoy was looking out for me. I pulled him into a hug, then quickly rushed off, insuring Draco didn't follow.

I can't believe Draco Malfoy was looking out for me

-

Harry

-

Layla runs in through the doors, twenty minutes late.

"Sorry I lost track of time," she says.

"With Malfoy again," Ron murmured, I shoot him a warning glare.

"Draco's my friend, don't be a dick?" She glares at him,

"You're fraternizing with the enemy!" Layla scoffs,

"Percy? He's your brother, right?"

"At least I'm not friends with all the Slytherins," Ron begins to make exaggerated gaging sounds. That's when Layla breaks. She stomps over to where Ron is standing and slaps him across the face. He looks shocked.

"What the hell was that f-" Ron squeals,

"for being a dick," she pauses before turning to the rest of us, "I have a question, how many of you have taken the time to get to know a Slytherin? Not many of you, that's for sure. I happen to know Slytherins who are kind and compassionate beyond any of you. It's not there fault you all are so stuck in Tradition that you feel the need to boo when a first-year is placed in Slytherin or feel the need to label them as mean or untrusting. You are all too stuck up to even think for yourselves."

"Gryffindors are brave, courageous and kind, Slytherins are cunning and almost always turn to the dark lord," Ron protests.

"Gryffindors are also full of themselves, arrogant, self-centred, Impulsive and don't even get me started on that hero complex. The point is all houses have their good and bad sides. Just cause you are too emotionally immature, doesn't mean everyone else should suffer." Ron huffs and walks away, defeated. I'm not gonna lie, she does have a point. We begin the lesson, Layla stays quiet.

-

Layla

-

"Wait, Harry!" I call as he goes to leave, he stops and turns to me and smiles. "I just want to say thank you, for doing all this. Cedric would love knowing that all this was happening, he was quite good at spells." I pause a frown appearing on my face, "Also I'm sorry about before, y 'know with Ron."

"No, It's ok, you were right, plus maybe that slap will do Ron some good." I see him look over my shoulder, I look back to see Cho, I smirk,

"go on then," I laugh he smiles and walks off.

Harry wasn't so bad.