Chapter 13

Layla

-

I hear footsteps walking down the corridor as Draco and I stand hidden in the broom closet. I try to focus, but I quickly focus mine and Draco's hands, not by bruised knuckles but the fact that we were holding hands. Neither of us pulling away. It made me smile.

"Hic," I quickly shared a worried look with Draco unsure of what to do. Of course, I got the hiccups now. "Hic," Draco's hand quickly cover my mouth and nose as the footsteps stop. The air is thick with anticipation and worry as we wait for the steps to begin again. Suddenly we hear the angry voice runoff,

"HEY, GET BACK HERE IT'S PAST CURFEW!!!" Filches footsteps trail off. Draco removes his hand from my face, and we both let out a sigh of relief. It is silent for a moment before we are interrupted,

"Hic," we both begin laughing uncontrollably.

"Great timing Sunshine," he smiles as a blush spreads across my cheeks and a nervous feeling in erupts in my stomach. "Let's get you back to your Common room aye?" I nod, his words making me remember how tired I am. We walk in silence this time. I don't know what to say. I wasn't sure what I felt anymore. I thought I did like Fred. But I wasn't sure anymore. I could talk to Draco, something I can't do with Fred. But Draco wasn't the type to have silly girlfriends, it was all kissing and one night stands. I don't want to be hurt. Maybe Fred is my best option. He was sweet, funny and cool to be around. But if I was with Fred, I'm not sure I could stop thinking about Draco. What am I going to do? "Here we are," he smiles warmly at me, and I feel my heart skip a beat. I stand up on my tiptoes and pull him into a hug.

"Thank you," I whispered, he finally pulled apart, letting go of each other's hands.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Sunshine," he said, turning away and waving.

"Bye Blondie,"

-

Elanor

-

I hear footsteps walk back into our room. I roll onto my other side so I can see the door, Layla walks in. She seems startled my presence, I smirk,

"Where have you been?" she lifts one of her hands in the air just long enough for me to see her bloody and bruised knuckles, I gasp.

"Punching Goyle in the face," she smirks, I began laughing.

"Jeez, what did he do to get that from you?" I saw a scowl rest upon her face.

"He was talking badly about Neville's parents." I sigh, I knew things weren't so great at home for Layla. Although she wouldn't admit it, I knew she was struggling. I wish it hadn't been her. I wanted it to have been someone who deserved it, then again, who did?

"I heard you, talking to someone, sounded like a guy," I smile, but she tenses up. "Hey, what's wrong?" she sighed, sitting down on the end of my bed, her hands in her hair. I gently placed my hand on her back.

"God Elanor, I don't know what to do anymore," I feel her begin to shake. She starts telling me about her boy troubles, leaving out details such as names. I listened, Layla had always had plenty of boys chasing her but she never really paid them any interest, it was good to see her giving dating ago. Unsurprisingly, it was confusing. If I'm completely honest, I wasn't entirely sure what to say to help her, so I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Give Fred a chance."