Chapter 40

A/N - Sorry for not uploading for a while. I started reading and have spent the past week staying up till the early morning, reading. But anyway, hope anyone who is here enjoys it. Go check out my other Draco Fanfiction and vote. I'm also going to make these longer.

Also, let's see who's here. Roll call 😂

Harry

-

Suddenly, I find myself submerged up to my knees in cold water. I looked around, trying to figure out where Dumbledore had sent me. Then, when I finally saw it, my heart lit up. I was at the burrow. I looked into one of the windows to find a familiar red-head girl. It was Ginny, and she looked beautiful. I felt my gaze linger on her. Unable to push the butterflies in my stomach down.

I found myself almost running to get to the door, excited to see everyone. When I arrived at the door, I was warmly greeted by none other than Ginny, soon to be followed by Hermione, Ron and Mrs Weasley. I was more than happy to see my friends, but the sight of an older girl with blonde hair caused me to frown in confusion. Soon enough, two younger brunette boys burst into the room, one chasing the other. I looked at Hermione quizically, but she simply shrugs.

One of the boys quickly makes his way over to me, looking up to me, an innocent smile played on his lips.

"I don't believe I've met you before. Who might you be?" I look up, everyone gives me solum smiles. Did I say something?

He sticks his hand out, his smile growing larger by the second, "I'm Charles, well everyone actually calls me Charlie," I shake the boy's hand, my lips forming a grin. "Charlie Diggory," the boy announces proudly, but at that moment, I felt my heart drop. "That's Cormac, my brother, and that's Jemma, my sister." I looked at Ron, confused. Layla had a sister? He gave me a look that told me he would explain later. "But I don't know where Layla is..."

As if on cue, Layla walks into the room. Instantly meeting my gaze. She smiles widely walking, over to me before engulfing me in a warm hug. I was surprised that she had forgiven me. I was even more surprised at the friendship she had offered. I was glad to see she was happy again.

But upon further inspection of her face, I noticed the dark bags under her eyes and the strained smile that sat on her lips.

What happened over the summer? Why was she even here to begin with? Not that I was complaining, I loved Layla very much as a friend. "Cormac," she says, looking down at the older boy, "why are you two still out there?" She smirks. The boy widens his eyes, searching for an excuse before sighing.

"We heard Harry was here and..." He said, looking up at me, "We just really wanted to meet him." Layla laughed before whispering something in the younger boys ear, causing him to drag the other up the stairs.

I didn't understand. Layla had an older sister? Why was she even here?

I guess there's only one way to find out.

-

Layla

-

Harry was here. I honestly didn't expect him to arrive this early, but here he is. I had just managed to get Charlie to go to sleep. It seems the arrival of a famous wizard unsettled him.

As I walked into the room where Ron, Hermione and Harry sat, everyone went silent. I rolled my eyes discreetly. "You don't need to stop talking every time I enter a room, you know?" It hurt that they didn't trust me. Even after all the pain, their secrets have put me in.

"It's just," Ron began, "how can we trust that you won't just go tell Draco." I felt my heart drop at his name, and tears prick in the corners of my eyes.

"That won't be a problem considering he hasn't replied to any of my letters." The words stung more when I said them out loud. I knew whatever Draco was going through was difficult. But it didn't stop the inevitable pain when he decided to cut me off. The thing is, now that he wasn't here, I had never needed him more.

Hermione gave me a solemn expression, and Harry and Ron looked down at the floor awkwardly. "Besides, have I not gone to great lengths to keep your secrets before," I said, recalling the countless Cruciatus curses I had been under during my time in the DA. Harry looked up at me, a smile forming on his face, before patting the ground next to him.

I took a seat, listening to what they had to say.

I didn't say a lot while I was with them, though I heard a lot. It seemed everyone's parents had worried to send them back to Hogwarts, except for mine, of course. No one trusted that Hogwarts was still a safe place. They threatened to keep them home as Eleanors parents had done.

Was Hogwarts not safe anymore? Soon enough, the thought of Draco came back. Was he going to be safe? I had a feeling he wouldn't talk to me this year. I just needed to know he would keep safe. No matter what he had to do, as long as he kept safe.

I was snapped out of my haze by Ron holding out a ukulele out in front of me, implying I take it. I looked at him quizically, but he simply smiled before starting, "remember when you used to sing and play for Ginny and me?" I felt a grin spread across my face, "you should play for us."

I let out a sigh looking at the ukulele. I hadn't played for quite a while: since the second task during my fourth year, actually. But upon running my hand across the strings, a song popped into my head. I smiled as the thought of Draco swarmed me.

(I imagined the song being, Looking Out For You, by Joy again. You can find your own ukulele cover.)

As I began to play, it came back instantly. I found the chords, and the strumming was engraved in my head. The smooth harmonic sounds flowed through the ears of everyone within distance. The ukulele, accompanied by my voice, sounded beautiful. They almost fit together.

But it wasn't the sound that brought tears to my eyes. It was the words. I wasn't sure I had ever related to someone else's pain quite like this.

Please be ok. Please keep safe. I just need to know your alright. 

Even if that means not speaking to me.