Chapter 30

Layla

-

"Third time?!" Blaise gaped, "I knew that bitch was crazy, but unforgivable curses?! On students?!"

"Tell me about it."

I had finally been allowed to leave her office, and outside I found Blaise just standing there. He was waiting for me. At first, I thought maybe he was also being questioned. But no. He was waiting for me. See, Slytherins make great friends.

"Come to the Slytherin common room for a while."

"Huh?" I tilt my head in confusion, "why?"

"Ummmmmmm," he pauses, "well, classes still haven't finished, so you don't want to be roaming around the castle." Strange. Why is he acting like this? But I guess he's right.

"Alright then," I say.

What is Blaise up to?

-

Blaise

-

Shit. This better work. I hate seeing them both act like this. In all honesty, Draco had been much happier since Layla started hanging around us. Layla had gone back to her talkative, smiling self.

They were better off together. No matter how cheesy that sounds.

So for the sake of me not wanting my friends to be sad all the time. I will make them talk to each other.

This better work.

"Medieval," I muttered under my breath, opening the door to the Common Room. Both Layla and I walked in.

Much to Layla's surprise, there Draco sat. He instantly looked up from his book, looking into her wide eyes.

"You two sort things out now," I smiled before walking up to the boy's dorms.

Don't fuck this up, Draco.

-

Draco

-

There she is. I- What do I even say?

"Layla, please." She just stood there in shock. "Please listen. I completely forgot. I didn't think!" She looked as if she was gonna say something, but instead, she stood there opening and closing her mouth before looking away from me. "Please, I'm sorry." She looked back up at me, unsure. She looked conflicted.

"Draco I-I, God," she cried. "You make it so hard for me to be angry!"

"Layla," I whispered.

"How can I be angry at someone who I care about so much. The answer is, I can't. I can't be angry at you, and that makes me angry with myself." At this point, she had tears running furiously down her cheeks, but then again, so did I. I took a step towards her, pulling her into a hug. Which she excepted.

"I'm sorry," I whispered in her ear.

She cared about me. Did she really? I think so.

Layla Diggory cares about me. The feeling was mutual.

I know now. I know that I have fallen completely head over heels for this girl. I had never felt this. She made me a better person and stood by me. Even when I fucked up. She is perfect. I will run back to her every time, not a doubt in the world.

If you had told me, I would be standing here saying this next part to myself at the start of year four. I would have scoffed and called you a filthy muggle.

I have fallen, for Layla Diggory. The girl who lost so much but continues to smile and care. The girl who is friends with so many. The girl who has pulled almost every boy in this whole damn school.

I've fallen in love with this girl.

But she can never know.