Chapter 24

Draco

-

Wrapping paper, boxes and ribbon is thrown everywhere, amongst the mess sat Charles and Cormac with, I think the worlds most cute smiles. Actually, maybe not the worlds most cute.

Layla and I sat next to each other, watching them dig through the pile of presents.

"Draco," Charlie says, handing me a small box, " this one says your name." I see Layla's face light up next to me. Did she get me a gift? Really?

I feel my heart pound faster and faster. I fumble with the ribbon before it neatly slips off and the paper falls to the ground revealing a ring box. I feel a smile creep across my face as I open the box.

It was the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen. It was silver with small engraved animals on it.

A snake and a badger, the snake had specks of emerald. I loved it. I slipped it onto my finger, and of course, it fits perfectly. I pull Layla into a hug. Layla was the first person to give me a meaningful gift. My parents would do anything for me. But maybe that saying was true, money can't buy happiness.

"Thank you," I whisper. I felt like I was going to cry. No, I can't. I take a deep breath.

"I hope you like it," she says, finally pulling away.

"Yes, yes, I really do." I hear my voice crack as I looked down at the ring.

Thank you, Layla. Thank you for being my friend, thank you for talking to me. You made me a better person. "It's amazing, Layla," I croak.

You're amazing.

-

Layla

-

Oh my god. He looks like he is gonna cry. What did I do wrong?

"It's amazing Layla," he says, his voice hoarse. I let out a sigh, relieved. He liked my present. Draco shot up from the couch and walked over to a small box that lay beneath the tree, before making his way over and placing it in my hand.

"Huh?" I said, utterly confused.

"Merry Christmas," he smirked. I felt butterflies fill me up, he got me a gift. Yeah, of course, I got him something, but he really got something for me. Pushing away from the complete shock of it all, I gently pulled at the ribbon and ripped off the paper. Until all that was left was a small box slightly larger than the one of which contained Dracos ring. I looked at Draco in shock, and he nodded towards the box. The lid gently clicked and revealed a beautiful circular pendant. I gaped at the sight.

It was beautiful.

I pulled the pendant out and lifted to my face. After looking at it for a moment I realised it was, in fact, a locket.

The locket had been charmed. Not only were the pictures able to move. But every once in a while the picture would also change and be replaced with another.

I watched as happy smiles of my friends, Daniel, Pansy, Blaise, Eleanor, Ginny and George flashed through, my two little brothers smiley faces, there was me as well.

But there were pictures of Draco and my dear brother Cedric. Two people who I cared about wholeheartedly.

And for once in my life, I didn't shed a tear upon sight of my brother. The one I had so tragically lost. Instead, I smiled.

And at that moment the world began to spin again, all that was broken set back in place.

I was happy again.

A/n - Oops I haven't published in ages. Anyway don't forget to vote, let me know if your reading this. I think I'll start publishing 2 or 3 times a week, that is if I have any motivation.