Chapter 6

Layla

-

My heart thuds in my chest as I walk. Funnily enough, time passes by quickly when you are dreading something. I stand at the door, taking a deep breath, I knock anxiously.

"Come in," I hear the all to the familiar voice of Umbridge. "Miss Diggory," she smiles, what the hell was happening? she walks around for a moment before turning back to me a sinister smile on her face. "You know I remember your brother," she pauses "Cedric right?" I nod my head apprehensively. "I never liked that boy, always seemed to think he knew best," I felt anger boil up in my chest all her words blending. She smirked noticing the impact her words had on me. How am I hearing this, is she crazy. "He got what was coming his way." He what? I look her disgust clear on my face, how could a teacher say that. I had met many mean teachers at Hogwarts. But none would have ever said that.

"What did you say?" I asked, my voice coming out squeaky and unsure.

"You heard me," I gap, who the hell does she think she is to talk badly about Cedric. A boy, who lost his life.

"My brother was no-" she cuts me off.

"Now today you be writing lines," I sigh, but nod, deciding to leave it. Although, the resentment, I felt only becoming more powerful. I lean down to pull out a quill from my bag.

"No," she says, her voice makes me anxious, "take mine," she smiles sweetly but in the most unsettling way possible. I take it cautiously, "Lovely, now I would like you to write," she stops to think for a moment before a grin spreads across her face, "Cedric got-"

-

Daniel

-

"What?" I hear Layla gasp, I become nervous thinking about what's happening in there, "I can't write that." The worry builds in my chest, my ears start ringing, and the next thing I hear makes my head spin as a pit forms in my stomach. Layla is screaming.

I feel myself beginning to run. I need to find help, my mind wanders. Who? Elanor cant help, I can't do anything, the Weasleys certainly couldn't help. Then the last person I wanted to speak to came to mind. Draco. No, no, absolutely not. But Layla. My feet begin carrying me down the empty corridors, I pray he isn't in the great hall still.

I quickly find myself in the dungeon, I stop at the door, times like this remind me why I'm not a runner. I return to my mission. I furiously knock on the door, earning unpleased lectures from the pictures hanging on the wall nearby. A pissed of Blaise appears at the door, his frustrated turns to one of confusion.

"Draco, I need Draco," I gasp, still catching my breath. Blaise furrows his eyebrows before turning,

"Draco, Ravenclaw boy wants you," he yells, Ravenclaw boy, really? I see Draco appears at the door, he pokes his head out looking down the hallway.

"Where is Layla?" He asks, concern spreading over her face.

"Detention, Sh-she was" I pause, unsurprisingly out of breath.

"She was what?!" he raises my voice, searching my face for answers.

"Screaming" I choke out, I watch his eyes widen.

_

Draco

-

My feet carry me down the hall quicker than I have ever run, my heart pounds in my chest.

"Hurry up, will you?" I yell back to Ravenclaw boy who is trailing behind.

"I'll catch up, just go!" he replies, I pick up pace desperate to make sure she is ok.

Sure enough, as I reach corridor containing Umbridge's office, I hear the bloodcurdling screams. I begin franticly knocking at the door, praying she'll answer. Sure enough, the screaming is replaced with gasping.

"Who is there?" I hear Umbridge chirp, I roll my eyes, god she drives me insane.

"Malfoy," I reply, trying to think of a way to get her out of there.

"Come in," I quickly burst through the door. Umbridge is putting away her wand. I quickly look to Layla, her sleeves are pulled over her hands, her hands on the sides of her face and elbows resting on the table, her face is stained with tears, her legs are bouncing... she's shaking. What did she do to her?

"What can I help you with dear?" I pull my gaze of Layla, turning my face to Umbridge trying to hide the anger on my face,

"I am supposed to be tutoring Layla today, and I don't have a whole lot of time for the rest of the week," I smile, hoping it's enough.

"I suppose she has learnt her lesson," I watch her flinch at Umbridge's words before nodding, "Ok then, she could do with the help." I walk over and help Layla up, she looks shaken. She flinches at my touch and turns her head away. We walk out of the class and are quickly greeted by a worried Daniel.

"God Layla, I was so worried about you," he says, pulling her into a hug.

I fell Jealous. It's wrong, I know, but I am.

"Let's go to the library," I say, eager to get away, in case Umbridge changes her mind. Luckily, they both nod. The walk is long and quiet, Layla walks with her arm protectively crossed over her chest, I feel guilty, I should have done something before it got to this.

We make our way to the very back of the library and sit at a couch in the corner. Our long silence is broken by Daniels gasp, he grabs Layla's wrist,

"Layla! What is that? Did she do that?" I look over trying to see what's wrong, there are words carved into her skin, over and over again.

'Cedric deserved what he got.'