Chapter 28

"Do you know how to produce a Patronus?" Harry asks as I position Neville's arm back to the correct form.

"Yeah, though mines pretty pathetic."

"You can say that again," Ron snickers.

"Oh shut up, at least mine isn't a little dog," I dramatically pout. Ron rolls his eyes and scoffs.

"Let's see then," Harry nods encouragingly. I take a deep breath. It had been a while since I had attempted a Patronus charm. But I guess it was time to get practising again.

But something had changed. All my life, I had used Cedric as my happiest memory. When we were young, and we would run off, leaving our parents frustrated. However, now a new memory had come to mind. Draco.

That time we played in the snow, and he had chased me. Or when he came for Christmas, when we were making the food. Or when I gave him his ring, or when he gave me the pendant.

Beaming, I lifted my wand, and with a swift flick, the room filled with a luminescent light filled the room. People whispered, exchanging confused looks but were ultimately impressed.

"Bloody hell," Ron murmured.

Soon enough, the balls of light formed thousands of small hummingbirds. It's beautiful. The began flying around the room in a rehearsed formation.

"How did you do that?" Harry gasped in complete awe.

"I don't k-"

I was cut off by a thumping sound and the quiet jingling of the lights. Then my Patronus disappeared due to the lack of focus. What is happening? Everyone turned to the wall as all the mirrors shattered. A small hole reveals itself.

A few students approach the hole, looking through it. But are quick to get out of the way upon the sound of a spell being fired. Just as well, as the wall was instantly blown through. Oh no.

I feel my heart pound. This won't end well.

In the new opening stood a group of angry-looking people, one of them being Umbridge. I begin feeling faint. I'm going to be in so much trouble. But by far, the most extensive blow to my confidence was the sight of Draco Malfoy. Cho being held onto with a harsh grip. He was a part of this. I had almost forgotten.

Had he used me?

-

Draco

-

My heart drops at the sight of her standing there, utter shock on her face. I should have warned her.

"Get them," Umbridge says sternly. Dropping Cho, I quickly make my way over to Layla, holding her arm gently.

"I'm so sorry, Layla," I plead, "I should have warned you."

"It's alright," she replies coldly.

I have fucked up.

-

Layla

-

"Today, you will all be writing lines," Umbridge smiles, sending shivers down my spine. "Layla, would you care to join me in my office?" Whispers exploded through the room. Not again. I felt a tug on my rob.

"What's happening, Layla?" Harry asks, concern plastered on his face. "What is she gonna do to you?"

"I'm not sure," I lied.

"Come along now," she laughed sinisterly.

I shakily sat up, making my way over to her before following behind. "This time, I would suggest you dont resist."

Fuck

-

The hall emptied, Harry and I at the very back of the group. He was trying to pry what had happened to me. However, everyone was silenced upon sight of Cho. Everyone scowled and gave her dirty looks some, even went as far as walking straight into her.

But something about the way she looked at us made me believe this wasn't her fault. That something stopped me from giving her a look. Instead, I tilted my head and slowed my walking.

Once everyone had left the hallway, I walked over to her. She looked at me, hopefully.

"Please tell me you don't think I'm lying," she paused, "I swear I'm not."

You know what? Part of me does.