Chapter 62

Layla

-

It was a beautiful morning, but I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling in my stomach. I was sat at the Hufflepuff table alone this morning, as everyone else stayed at their own houses. But as I moved my cereal around my plate, a figure appeared at my side. Draco.

It had been a while since the incident, but it seemed we have only grown closer. I felt terrible knowing what Draco had done, I know he didn't mean to hurt her... But did that make it ok?

He sat down next to me and grabbed a piece of toast, and ate. "Slept well?" He said through a mouth full of food. I squinted and shrugged my shoulders, pretending I couldn't hear what he was saying. He finished eating and laughed before saying once again. "Did you sleep well? You look rested." I smiled before smugly replying,

"I actually did."

"Care to share your secret?" He sighed and rolled his eyes but let out a chuckle. "I could use a full night sleep." I felt myself blush at his request, knowing full well him talking to me again was the reason I could put my mind at ease.

We talked for a while, considering it was a weekend, meaning we were free to do whatever all morning. But after an hour or two of walking around together, Draco had to leave. He claimed he had homework to do. So I agreed and let him go. But just before he left, he said something.

"Just... Keep safe today." And with that, he was gone.

The comment left me even more on edge. Draco knew something was going down today.

Surprisingly, I spent a lot of the day with Ron. He was struggling with potions, and both Hermione and Harry had refused to give him a hand. So we sat in the library. I must say, Ron, isn't the best to study with. He was constantly complaining or... He was hungry.

But later, I was called to Dumbledore's office. I wasn't sure why, but as I walked over, I got nervous. Something was happening, and it would be drastic.

When I walked in, I shivered. Dumbledore'soffice didn't give off the normal warm feeling. Instead, there was a heavy sense of tension in the air. "Ah, Layla!" He chirped as I entered. "I was wondering when you would arrive." I smiled as I took a seat in front of his desk.

Dumbledore had previously informed me that he was trying to get Harry to figure out what Slughorn was hiding. But somehow, it caught me off guard when he told me that they had figured it out. "Tom Riddle had split his soul. Horcrux's."

I gasped, thinking back to where I had read about them. But something didn't add up... If he had split his soul, doesn't that make him indestructible?

I shuddered at the thought, but before I could ask, Dumbledore cut me off. "Harry and I will attempt to destroy one tonight. You would be welcome to join us, but seeing as though you have only just heard the news, you are welcome to remain here."

I thought for a moment. I had a feeling that I should be here tonight. Like something is going to happen that I should be here for. I had to stay here. "Sir, I just have a feeling I should be here." He nodded before getting up and walking out of the room. I stood there more confused than ever. But after a moment of pondering, I got up and walked to the Great Hall.

-

"Oh, come on," Eleanor begged, dragging me along. "I can tell you are feeling nervous. This will take your mind off things." I sighed, finally giving in.

The group we had formed had done a lot this year (despite bearly being mentioned.) So tonight, we had arranged for us all to meet up. Despite the fact I was looking forward to the occasion, something still made me unsettled.

However, knowing I had to be there, I pushed the feeling to the side and entered the empty class with a smile. Pansy squealed and ran over, wrapping her arms around my shoulder. Everyone was there. Neville and Blaise were leaning against the wall, Nevilles face a shade of Scarlett and Blaise chuckling softly. Seamus and Dean were sat at a table, drinks in hand, chatting excitedly. Ginny, Pansy, Daniel, Eleanor, Luna and Sebastian were all in a group thinking of something to do.

I sat down between Eleanor and Ginny, who was directing the group. "That's so boring, though!" Pansy whined, "I say... Truth or dare." Everyone seemed to freeze. The game had a reputation at Hogwarts. Many secrets came out due to it. But soon enough, everyone seemed to be keen. So now, with the other four also sitting in the circle, we began.

After about twenty minutes of playing, still, nothing exciting happened, so Pansy decided to intervene.

"Blaise, truth or dare?" Blaise's eyes widened as he had hoped not to be picked by Pansy. She was ruthless at this game.

"Ummm. I- Truth," he said, a tremor in his voice. Pansy thought for a moment before sitting up with a smirk on her face.

"Who is the lucky girl you have been going on all those dates with?" Blaise froze, looking at me. I looked around, confused. But then he looked over to Neville, who nodded his head and smiled. Suddenly it all made sense. Blaise and Neville really had been going out.

"Well, I- This isn't exactly how I planned to tell you all. But I- There isn't a lucky girl... They are a he." Pansy gasped, and Eleanor clapped, "The so-called 'Lucky Guy' is Neville." Neville blushed furiously, a proud smile on his face. Everyone was clapping until the commotion died down.

Only a few other interesting things happened. Sebastian dared Dean to kiss the person he thought was most attractive, who was, of course, Seamus. Luna and Eleanor shared a very awkward hug. Which I got a major vibe from. And I finally told Sebastian I wasn't interested in him... At all.

By the end of the night, there were only five single people.

I'd call the night successful.

But the night wasn't yet over.

All could still go downhill.

Little Miss Diggory || A Draco Malfoy Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara