Chapter 69

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒟𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑜,

𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈. 𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁𝓈 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊.

𝒢𝑜𝒹, 𝐼 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊.

𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓉𝓈, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒. 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒, 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝐼 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊? 𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒.

𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜𝑜.

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝐼'𝓂 𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝑒𝓎𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝒹𝓈. 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝒻 𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒? 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔. 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒾𝑔𝓃𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓉, 𝓊𝓃𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓁𝑒𝒻𝓉 𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒.

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓂𝓅𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝓈. 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓈? 𝒩𝑜 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓀𝓈 𝑜𝓊𝓉. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇? 𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒸𝓊𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓉?

𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝑒𝓂𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔.

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒.

𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊.

̶L̶a̶y̶l̶a̶

𝒴𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒮𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒

-

𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮,

𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓾𝓹 𝓮𝔁𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽. 𝓜𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭. 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓬𝓮, 𝓿𝓸𝓲𝓬𝓮, 𝓵𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱, 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭.

𝓘 𝓰𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾. 𝓣𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓹𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓘 𝓯𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂? 𝓒𝓪𝓷 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽 𝓼𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰?

𝓜𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾.

𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓸 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱.

𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭. 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝔂 𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮, 𝓘'𝓶 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓰𝓸 𝓸𝓷. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓸𝓸 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱.

𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻.

𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝔂 ♥️

-

19th of December, 1993

Meet Buckbeak

The forest. Green bush, a group of third-year students, a half-giant and a creature named Buckbeak... A recipe for disaster.

"Yes," a cocky blonde boy strutted over to the large animal. A young brunette at the back scowled in concern. "You're not dangerous at all, are you?"

"What. A. Dumbass," Layla mentally facepalmed.

Draco Malfoy was a Slytherin in the same year as Layla. She never had much to do with the boy, but he interested her. Something else was there, and Layla knew it.

She was warned many times before of the arrogant, snarky and overall terrible boy. But she ignored what her friends had said. Why? No one could be sure. Layla usually listened to advice. Not this time.

She had spoken to the boy once, at the end of last year. Eleanor had dared her to go walk with him to class. Layla didn't really mind, so I suppose it wasn't that difficult for her.

Draco wasn't like Ron had pointed him out to be. The whole time they were together, he smiled at her. It was too bad she never got the courage up to speak to him again. Maybe friendship could have come earlier.

Suddenly the group of third years screeched in unison as the giant bird stood on its back legs. Layla felt her heart drop. This wasn't going to end well. She shut her eyes tight, wincing at the sound of someone hitting the ground.

When she opened them, Hagrid was walking off, the boy in his arms and the class had all walked off. And there, left in the middle of the clearing was a messenger bag and the book we had been asked to purchase for Care of Magical Creatures.

And as Layla bent down and examined the bag for some sort of tag or name, she caught sight of the handwriting for the first time.

𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓸 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓯𝓸𝔂

So, of she went. Skipping lunch to go to the hospital wing and return the blonde boys bag. She didn't really mind. Lunches were boring anyway. Layla knew Cedric would worry, something that he already did enough. But something kept her going. She had to return this bag.

When she got there, the boy was asleep (something Madame Pomfrey gave to him) So, Layla placed the bag at the foot of the bed and left, leaving no trace she had been there.

But something had been left. It had fallen from the bracelet Layla's sister had given her, a charm. The charm was a badger.

And in this kind of story, of course, Draco found it.

In fact, he kept it.

But he never really knew who's it could be. After all, who would suspect Layla. A cautious, reserved Hufflepuff.

But to this current day, he still had the charm.

Tucked away in the lining of his suitcase.

And no one knew.