Chapter 27

Layla

-

I flop down onto my bed and let out a sigh. Last night was amazing. I felt a smile pull at my lips as I recalled the laughs, the jokes and Draco's of pitch singing. It was amazing. I was happy. Things were starting to go my way.

But things can only go downhill from here. That is what scares me the most.

How can I be sure that tomorrow he will stop talking to me, how do I know that tomorrow death eaters will break into Hogwarts, how do I know that the people I love are safe.

The answer is, I can't.

I can't let anyone in, I can't let my walls down, I can't trust them. Because if I do then before I know it, they'll dump me for someone better. I can assure you there are many options.

"Layla!" Elanor screamed, running into our dorm. I shot up scared of the sudden sound.

"Jeez, El," I put my hand to my chest taking deep breaths, "you gave me a fright."

"Oops, sorry," she cringed, "I'm just so excited to see you again!" I laughed. I also missed Elanor very much, in all honesty, I had missed her all year. We hadn't seen each other very much since she started to hang out around the Golden trio. But I didn't mind. "How was your break? Draco I hear?" I feel myself blush at his name.

"It was great, he's really sweet, ya know? he was so kind to my family as well." I smile. Why was Elanor asking this though? We didn't talk much this year and she friends with the Golden Trio, so why would she care about Dra- Wait. "Elanor?"

"Yeah?" She turns away from her luggage and back to me.

"Why are you asking me about Draco? Jeez your friends with the Golden Trio who hate Draco's guts, so that makes me wonder your true intentions..." I trail off.

"Wait. What?" She says sympathetically, "no Layla I swear I would never spy or try pry information from you. Besides, I haven't really been on speaking terms with them." She looks down clearly embarrassed I questioned her.

"Elanor," I whisper, feeling bad for not trusting her, "I promise you that I trust you, I just wasn't sure where I stood." She looks at me confused before taking a seat on my bed beside me. "We've bearly spoken all year, and I was worried that you didn't-" I didn't have to finish my sentence, Elanor knew what I was going to say. Before I knew it, I was being pulled into a hug.

"I'm so so so sorry, Layla," she cried, causing tears to spill down my cheeks. "I- I- I didn't know, I just felt like you were always with Draco or Pansy or even Blaise and I just didn't know how to be around you." At this, we were both sobbing, how had we been so blind. I felt terrible for not realizing.

But now we are here, and I promise not to let that happen again.

No matter what.