Chapter 34

Layla

-

"Hey, it's alright," I say, gently wiping the young boy's tears.

"Besides, they heal pretty fast as well." Fred pats the boy on the shoulder.

"Yeah, you should see Layla's. They all healed." The boy holds my arm, examining all the letters.

"Who is Cedric?" He whispers in my ear. I giggle,

"he's my brother. He passed away a couple of years ago, though."

Umbridge had taken this all much to far. People were always ducking around corners and avoiding walking past her office, all scared of the consequences. It is absolutely horrid.

George, Fred and I had found a boy crying outside her office. He was only a first-year, not much older than Cormac. I couldn't let Cormac come here, not if this witch was still in power.

As if on cue, she comes around the corner, clearing her throat in an aggravating manner.

"As I told you once before, Mr Potter, naughty children deserve to be punished." I scoffed. What. A. Bitch. As she walks back into her office, I turn to George, Fred and Harry. The young boy now grasped tightly onto my hand.

"What the plan," I smirked. Someone had to do something about this princess, and George and Fred were the best for the job.

"You know George, I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement."

"Fred, I've been thinking the exact same thing."

-

Draco

-

Silence, Suffocating Silence that burnt at my ears. The owls had begun, and I had a complete mind blank. I was never terrific at charms, but so far, I had answered ten questions. I was going to fail.

At the front of the room, a ticking accompanied a twice as annoying Umbridge. I had never forgiven what she did to Layla. For what? Why did she do it?

A loud banging erupted, much to Umbridge's annoyance. She approached the door and whispered flooded the once dead silent room. What was going on?

"Psssst," I whispered to Layla, who sat beside me. "What's happening?" She smirked, looking away.

"You'll see," she giggled. I felt a smile tug at my lip. Whatever this was, it was gonna be exciting.

Two singular fireworks went off in the middle of the room, causing Layla to laugh. I shed her a confused look, and she simply mouthed, "Just wait."

Oh, was she right. Before I knew it, the room had erupted with fireworks, causing students to stand up and laugh. Layla looked at me and smiled.

It was such a beautiful smile, like nothing I'd ever seen before. I was sure nothing so perfect could be so real, so materialistic. A girl like that, surely, would not be allowed under any circumstance.

It was unfair that one should look at such a being and be allowed to keep her. I wanted this girl more than anything.

Her lips pulled me towards her as if they were magnets. I wanted to kiss her, and this time I would. Holding the side of her face, I leant in. It was perfect, something out of a fairytale, just as I wished for it to be. Our lips became so close that I could feel the very warmth that reflected off her.

-

Layla

-

I felt my hands tremble. Draco was about to kiss me.

-

Draco

-

My heart pounded out of my chest. I loved this girl.

However, good things only last so long. My heart dropped. Our lips nearly met. But both of our faces had tuned before the moment had come. The sound of students rushing out of the great hall caused us to turn away.

Layla turned to me once more before smiling and walking away with them. I had missed my chance again. But did Layla like me back? She never pushed me away or ducked awkwardly.

She would have let me kiss her.

A/N - This chapter is dedicated to KyraCyphert and AdrianaHarterKosch
❤❤❤ thank you two for voting