Chapter 75

Draco

-

We apparated. The process made me feel sick to my stomach. The last I had apparated had been months ago. I mainly stayed in the house. It was terrible. I was beyond lonely. But now, here she was.

We both scrambled up from the damp sand we lay in. Layla looked slimmer than when I last saw him. She never was anything much more than thin. But now, she looked as though she may shatter.

I moved towards her, as did she. Before I knew it, her arm was wrapped around my neck and her legs around my waist. I hugged her tightly and began to sob into her shoulder.

I had missed this girl more than anything. There wasn't a bone in my body that didn't want to see my Sunshine again. It was painful to not have her at my side.

She began to cry into my shoulder, only prompting me to pull her in tighter. I needed her. And that's when it happened. She pulled away slightly, and then our lips collided. It was everything I hoped for. In fairytales and great love novels I read, the main character spoke of fireworks and a sense of warmth. I would be lying to you if I said that wasn't exactly what I felt at this moment. I loved Layla Diggory. I had much before the kiss or that last goodbye. Maybe part of me always had. But I'll tell you, now I was wholly consumed in my love for her.

She pulled away and rested her head on my shoulder. "You know that night... When you said you loved me?" She whispered. "Do you really?" I lifted my hand to the side of her face, gently wiping away the blood that was trailing down her face. I was worried about what had happened.

"More than anything." She smiled lightly, and tears fell down her face. My heart warmed. That smile that I missed so dearly.

"I-I would have said something back, I just-" She began.

"No, you don't have to feel obliged to say a thing."

"No, I just didn't know what to say. And I didn't say what I needed to fast enough. I haven't stopped thinking about it for the last months and-" Layla sighed. "I love you too."My heart stopped. I couldn't have heard her right. But she said it, she said she loved me.

"Hermione," Harry whaled from just down the beach. He was holding something. Wait, no, it couldn't be. Layla dropped from my arms and walked over, kneeling across from Harry.

It would be wrong for me to admit it made me jealous, but I was. But something was wrong. Dobby... What happened.

I never knew the elf well enough. My parents had a lot of them. Though, they didn't treat them very well. I never really went near any of them, let alone abused them. That was on my parents. But still, it felt wrong being over there.

After a few moments, Layla stood, and Luna joined Harry. She was wiping her tears away. When she came to me, we joined in another hug. I felt guilty. Maybe we could have been gone earlier, and the elf wouldn't have died. It was my-

"Don't," she whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Don't blame yourself. None of us could have stopped it. Not really, at least." I nodded and hugged her tighter. How did I let her get so close? So close so she could read me like a book. In the fifth year, I was supposed to be prepared. But instead, I was meeting her. I had no regrets.

She was the best thing that ever happened to me.

-

"It's probably a concussion," Fleur said, standing from the seating and walking off to find something. Layla was worse than I thought. Whatever fall she had, had taken its toll. "Just take it easy for the next day or two."

"Easier said than done," she sighed, relaxing back into the couch.

Bloods still smudged her face, and tear tracks stained it. I gently pulled her face closer and used the clean cloth to wipe it away. She winced but ultimately relaxed into my touch. When her face was clear of any blood, I pulled her in again. I had been touch starved for so long and wanted nothing more than to be in her embrace. It seemed she may feel the same.

"Things are really bad out there, aren't they?" She whispered. I nodded my head. "I'm scared," she sighed. I pulled her in tighter. "But I'm so glad I got to see you. I'm glad you're with me."

"We're gonna make it through the rest of this war together. And once it's over, we'll be free."

"I hope so."

A/N- happy day late birthday Draco 😂