Chapter 9

Pansy

-

"Fred Weasley, huh?" I smirked at Layla as she took a seat under the tree next to me. She smiled, and that was all the confirmation I needed. Draco will be pissed. He wouldn't admit it to us, but we often caught him staring at her. Though he tried to hide it every time he spoke about her or she was around, he always had a grin plastered across his face and a blush creeping across his cheeks. Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy has a crush. It was unusual. I had a Crush Draco up until last year when he turned down my invite to the Yule Ball. He was holding out for someone else. Although I hated to admit it, they would be perfect for each other. Draco could help Layla be herself more and help with her grieving. Layla would be able to earn his trust and get him to open up and show a kind, compassionate side and let's be honest Draco needed it.

"Hey," Layla said, snapping her fingers in my face "you ok?" She looked genuinely concerned. I could always count on her to be there. We had only been friends since last year, but it seemed like so much longer as we became close very quickly. She was kind, loyal, smart, and not to mention beautiful. I really appreciated her for taking a chance on the Slytherins as not many did so. They were too scared.

"Yeah, just thinking," I replied, she nodded at my response. "Seems nice, y 'know Fred," she giggled a little.

"Yeah, we've been friends since we were younger. He was always sweet."

"Just promise you won't settle just yet, keep an open mind." She gave me a confused look, so I continued, "there are so many people out there, don't settle on the first person you take a liking to, I happen to know many people you would go well with, ok?" She nodded,

"Wise, maybe they should have put you in Ravenclaw." We both began laughing. After a few long minutes of laughing, we both regained our composure. "I better go now, but I'll keep what you said in mind," she smiled and waved, "Thanks."

-

Layla

-

I walked away, what did she mean by that I know many people you would go well with you? Who? I was pulled out of my thoughts when a familiar blonde bumped into me,

"Jeez watch where you're going you-" He stopped, locking eyes with me. His face softened, "well hello there, Sunshine." I smiled "where are you off to?"

"Hogsmeade," I chirped, I was excited to go there, it had been a while. He let out a groan,

"with Weasley twin," he honestly looked kinda sad. I opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off, "I'm gonna go see Pansy." I waved, but he walked away, not looking back.

If I'm being honest that hurt a little.

-

Fred

-

There she was, Layla. She was bundled up in coats and had a pink nose from the cold. But she looked lovely as ever.

"Hey," she said, I pulled her into a hug, she hesitated but eventually gave in.

"Shall we," I offered her my arm, she smiled, taking my arm. As we walked, I tried to spark a conversation, but she seemed distracted, almost distant. I knew a lot had happened with her last year, but the silence seemed uncharacteristic, even now. The walk was almost unbearable, I was relieved to find we were at The Three Broomsticks. "Hey, I'll go get us some Butterbeer, you find a table," she nodded still of in her thoughts. However, when I arrived back, she seemed to be recollected, a smile on her face again.

"Hey," she said, looking up to me, I handed her, her Butterbeer and we began talking. We had been friends since kids, so chatter wasn't hard. We talked for hours, eventually finding ourselves being asked to leave. I enjoyed myself. By the time we were walking out the door, we were both smiling and laughing.

I missed this.

A/N - please remember to vote and leave support anything means a lot!