Chapter 38

Layla

-

"Well, I guess this is it, Layla," Daniel smiled, "I'll see you and Cormac next year." He pulled me into a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ravenclaw Boy," I giggled.

"No, that- Layla," he rolled his eyes and laughed. I waved as he exited the compartment leaving Eleanor and me alone. She looked as though she was going to cry. I hugged her tightly.

Since we had spoken after Christmas, we had become a lot closer. She ate meals with Daniel and me, and she came to the Hufflepuff parties rather than the Gryffindor ones. It was nice.

"My parents don't want me to go back next year," she sniffed.

"I'm gonna miss you," I cried, "but when this all ends, I'll see you again. In the meantime, don't forget to write to me, El."

"I won't, Lay," she smiled, picking up her bag and leaving.

I walked down the empty hallway of the train. I was going to miss this place. But most of all I was going to miss the people. To think of all the people who I walked into the year barely knowing, who I would now gladly call my friends, was crazy. I mended one of the most broken relationships I have ever had with Harry. I got closer to my childhood best friends, Daniel and Eleanor. And I met the boy that I cared about more than anyone, Draco.

"Layla!" A voice called, it was Pansy. I ran over to her and instantly had my ears talked off. "I'm gonna miss you soooo much. Hopefully, we have classes together. This year was so much fun in potions! Oh, I'm going to miss you so very, very much." I giggled at her constant talking,

"I'm going to miss you too, Pansy!" I laughed.

"Oh, please do write to me," she gasped, "my parents are here. I must get going." She ran off to her father. Blaise and Draco now stood together.

"So..." I said awkwardly, "you guys are ok now?"

"Yeah, Draco explained," Blaise smirked. Before giving me a friendly hug and walking away.

"Sooo...." I laughed. But I was cut off by Draco pulling me into a bear hug. I was going to miss him a lot. I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes as I imagined all that he would go through over the summer. "I'm going to miss you a lot, Blonde Boy," I whispered. Draco tightened his grip on me before speaking.

"I'm going to miss you more, Sunshine," he replied, his voice breaking. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry if I ever push you away, I-"

"It's ok. You can't get rid of me that easily," I say, pulling away to look at Draco's tear-stained face.

"Draco," a woman smiled from behind him. It was Narcissa Malfoy. I smiled politely at her. "You are stunning, may I just say," she laughed, shaking my hand, "So... You must be Layla." I laughed.

"Yes, that is me."

"I'm Narcissa," she smiled kindly.

"Layla!"

Charlie! I spun around to see a young boy running towards me. I instantly pulled him into a hug.

"Cormac," I gasped as he walked over, "you're so much taller than when I last saw you!" He laughed, hugging me.

"What can I say," he laughed, "I'm pretty sure I've had a growth spurt."

"Can we go home?" Charlie sighed. I looked back at Draco one last time, his eyes bright as ever, the notorious smirk on his face. Before nodding and walking away.

The holiday is what would destroy us both. Things were changing.

I wish I had never left him.

Please come back to me, Draco.