Chapter 26

Layla

-

Crystal chandeliers, snow covering the floor, ice hanging off the walls. It was all so beautiful. The Bulstrode family really did go all out for this one.

Not long after walking through the doors, I was pulled aside by non-other than my best friend.

"Pansy!" I squealed, leaping into her arms. She instantly hugged me back.

"Layla!" She laughed, imitating my excitement. "How's your Christmas been," she paused and smirked, "with Draco."

"Ahh-umm, yeah It was good," I said looking at the ground a blush creeping across my face. Pansy giggled at my reaction before looking at me.

"let's dance," she through her hands dramatically in the air, before dragging me back out onto the floor. Twirling around and laughing, we danced and talked. Both Pansys and my mother had been very particular about how we dressed for the event. Pansy was wearing a beautiful silky black dress that complimented her beautifully.

"Jeez Pansy that dress looks amazing on you," I giggled, turning her around.

"Me?!" She gasped dramatically, "what about you!"

"Oh pl-" I was cut off by a blonde boy,

"Ya know, I happen to agree with Pansy," He smirked. I tilted my head in confusion before I could ask he stuck out his hand.

"Ernie, Ernie Macmillan," he announced proudly, "your mother sent me over, said you might be interested in a dance." I let out a sigh and turned to face him.

"Well, I'm not," I shrugged my shoulders and smirked. Ernie looked taken aback before awkwardly shuffling back to his parents. "So," I looked back at Pansy to see her mouth hanging open. I giggled.

"Good job Layla," she squealed.

But my focus moved from Pansy, and I was now looking at a new blonde figure walking into the ballroom,

Draco.

-

Draco

-

When I walk in, only one face catches my eye. Layla.

While my parents engage in conversation with the Bulstrode's, I quickly slip away, eventually finding my way to Pansy and Layla.

"Draco," Pansy yelled. When I arrived at their side, I saw Layla. Oh. My. God. She looks beautiful. "Um..." Pansy says awkwardly, "uhhhh, I gotta go meet someone." Layla turns to her confused,

"Alright, see you later," she smiles. Pansy skips off, leaving Layla and I standing there.

"Come on," I say, grabbing her hand.

"Where are we going," she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"You'll see."

As a kid, I would come here all the time with my parents, when they had work with the Bulstrode family. I vividly remembered this one room. One room that was unused and in need of dusting. But it was an escape.

When we arrived at the door, Layla's hand in mine, I muttered, "Alohomora." Layla let out a gasp upon sight of the room.

The room was lit up by fairy lights and fireplace and had two couches opposite. But the first thing Layla saw was the grand piano which sat in the corner of the room.

"You play?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah," she smiled, hardly taking in what I had asked, she walked over to the piano taking a seat, so I followed taking a seat next to her. She placed her hands over the keys before taking a breath. Then she began to play and may I just say,

this girl is incredible.

A/N - When I wrote this, I imagined Layla playing this song, but find any song you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVl-EiwtOP4 

「ᴘɪᴀɴᴏ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ」dodie - Cool Girl + free sheet music