Chapter 42

Layla

-

Nogialistic.

We stood on Platform nine and three quarters, the Weasley's and all of the Diggory children, well almost all. I felt a pang in my chest as I remembered the last time I was here, with Draco.

I turned to Molly, a smile on my face. She had done so much for my siblings and me. How could I ever repay her? Well, the truth is, I can't. She had taken in my sibling and me as if we were her own. I was eternally grateful.

She looked back at me tearfully, pulling me into a tight hug. "Layla dear, promise you'll take care of yourself this year, no more curses, please." I giggled a little, tears welling in my eyes. I wasn't sure why I was crying. I would see Molly again. It's just after spending all holidays around her. I would miss her motherly figure. "You take care of Cormac, and I'll take of Charlie," she laughed, rubbing my arm reassuringly. I nodded, letting her say the rest of her goodbyes.

I looked over to Charlie, who had just been torn from Cormac, and was in a heap on the floor. I gave him a sympathetic smile before kneeling on the ground next to him. "Hey," I whispered, turning him to face me. "We won't be gone for long. You'll see us at Christmas. Besides, you still have Jemma." He twisted his face, thinking, before looking back up and pulling me into a hug.

"Please be safe." I felt the tears fall down my cheek. Every goodbye seemed to only get more and more painful. "I'm going to miss you." I helped him up from the ground, ruffling his hair slightly.

"I'll miss you too, Charlie." He smiled, going to stand by George.

I felt guilty leaving him, but It's not like I could stay.

I said a few goodbyes to the Weasley's who wouldn't return to Hogwarts this year before turning to Jemma, who had a massive grin plastered on her face. I walked over to her, my eyebrows raised. "What are you smirking about?" She let out a small laugh as she pulled me into a hug.

"Who's the blonde staring at you?" She whispered. I felt my face flush and eyes widen. Before I quickly turned around, meeting eyes with the boy.

I felt my stomach turn as I noticed his sunken eyes and pale complexion. I knew whatever was going on was unfortunate, but nothing could have prepared me. He looked at me with a sort of sadness in his eyes but quickly turned away.

I turned back to Jemma, deep in thought. She looked at me in a concerned matter. "What's wrong? Who is he?" I couldn't bring myself to answer.

"Doesn't matter," I smiled solemnly. Jemma hugged me once more before walking over to Charlie Weasley, who decided to come home for a while. They both started excitedly chatting to one another, causing me to replicate Jemma's reaction to Draco with a smirk. She blushed furiously, turning her face slightly.

I could only hope for this to be a good year. But seeing what's going on with Draco, I doubt it could be.

-

Cormac

-

I walked down the aisle on the train behind Layla. Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, Layla was very popular. Almost everyone, even Slytherins, greeted her with warm smiles. There was one girl who seemed more excited to see her, a Slytherin with short brown hair. I hoped people could also be as friendly towards me.

As we pulled off into a compartment, I looked at Layla wide-eyed. She laughed, shaking her head. "Suprised, are you?" I simply shook my head. Daniel sat in the compartment with another girl who chatted excitedly. Upon sight of the girl, Layla's eyes widened before they lept into each other's arms. "Eleanor?! I thought- You said," she stuttered.

"Yeah, I managed to talk them out of it. Eventually, my parents came around." The girl grinned smugly.

I sat next to Layla, looking out the window. I was beyond scared. Both my older siblings were Hufflepuff. But deep down, I knew I wouldn't be one myself. What if I was in Slytherin? Or Gryffindor? I felt my stomach turn at the thought.

I had to make them proud.

-

Layla

-

Eleanor being here was certainly a shock, but a pleasant one for sure. It was devastating hearing she might not return. But she was here, and that's what mattered now.

I had caught Daniel and her up on my eventful summer after Cormac had left the compartment to find some first years. He seemed nervous. But after telling him how Eleanor and I met, he seemed far more encouraged.

I had many plans for this year, one of which was to join the Quidditch team. I had wanted to try it out for many years now, but my parents forbid it. Mother claimed it was, for starters, a boy's sport and that Cedric already played, so why should I? They weren't a part of me anymore. I was free. I had played with Cedric when we came home and was surprisingly fast due to my slim figure.

Suddenly a group of people walked past. Slytherins, to be exact. I brushed it off before noticing who they really were. I gave both Blaise and Pansy a warm smile before looking at Draco, unsure. He looked away, causing my heart to drop. Blaise returned my smile before walking away with Draco. But Pansy's gaze lingered for a moment. I tried to see who she was looking at, tracing her vision back to Daniel. He was also looking directly at her. They shared a smile before looking away. Pansy left.

I turned to Daniel wide-eyed, "When did that happen?" He blushed. I had never seen Daniel blush, besides when Lavender asked him to the ball in our fourth year. Eleanor and I giggled at his face before turning back to our gossip.

Soon enough, we arrived back at Hogwarts. Back at home.

I smiled before leaving the compartment to meet with Luna Lovegood, who I agreed to walk with, after last years incident where she nearly rode the train back home.

Despite the undeniable warm feeling I had, I knew things wouldn't be so easy this year. It never was.