59: The Day of Good Suits and Threats

Start from the beginning

"Don't ignore her too much, Sir. She'll notice." My chief bodyguard spoke once the door closed.

I blew out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and leaned back on seat.

"She's getting on my nerves." I growled and he sighed. Rounding my table, he went beside me and patted my shoulder.

"We need to find her allies, Sir. Be calm. We'll catch them if we keep silent and work under her nose." He reminded me in a low tone. He's being discreet about it. If he's working with Martina, he should be speaking loudly now so she can hear it.

"I know. I need you to report as soon as possible." I demanded. He straightened his back and nodded.

"Yes, Sir. I'll go get Luigi." He replied before he excused himself and left the office. I needed this whole Vicenzio thing to be over. I could still feel Biya being cautious and worried from time to time and it makes me angry that Martina and whoever the fuck she was working with could make her like this. I shook my head at the thought. I looked at the pile of paperwork I had on my desk. I gotta start working if I want to go home early and prepare for our date, I thought. Grabbing my pen, I started working.

I was halfway through a report when Martina buzzed in to inform me that Luigi was here.

"Let him in." I replied in the intercoms and I heard her meek reply before a knock on the door disturbed my peaceful office. I quickly pressed the remote for my windows and changed it from the usual transparent to opaque style. I was cautious that Martina would see me talking to Luigi about something. I texted Marcus telling him to watch Martina while I talk to Luigi. One second later, I saw Marcus big figure near the office windows on the reception area and he stood on his post on the opposite side of Martina. Good.

"You're late." I said the moment Luigi opened the door. He just chuckled as he closed the door.

"Good morning, Sir." I raised a brow at him at his more chirpy tone unlike before where he would be serious and formal. His new dark blue Armani suit made him a new version of Luigi.

"Well, finally you're wearing a good suit." I commented, pointing at his suit with my pen. He scratched his nape and chuckled.

"Thanks, Sir. I just want to change my style and look worthy by your side." He replied and I smirked.

"Took you a long damn time to realize that." I was pleased that he was finally stepping up his game. He's a damn workaholic like me but he's got no fashion sense or any specific style for that matter. He laughed again.

"Plus I met a girl." He added rather quickly before he rushed to the seat in from of me and took it. Well, that sums it up. Luigi has been working for me for a long time and ever since we met, he's been self- conscious, plain, serious, very thrifty and only wore dress shirts or polos to work. He would only wear a suit when there's an important meeting to attend to or an event we're invited to. Now even when he's just working in his office, he's dressed like this. I liked this new version of him.

"You met a girl? Do I know her?" I was curious who could have changed him and he scratched his nape again letting me know he was nervous.

"I think so."

"You think so?" I leaned on my seat and settled myself comfortably. I'm interested with his life now and it has been a while that we talked about personal stuff.

"Yeah but that's a subject for another time. Why did you call me, Sir? Are you going somewhere?" He now went back to work mode, his tone changing to his usual serious one with his stiff posture. I stood up and left my table, going to the large window panels overlooking the city.