67: The Night Fire Touched My Skin

Biya's POV

"Biya? Are you alright?" Emil broke the silence as I washed the dishes and he wiped the plates with a towel. Dinner has just been finished and we both decided for Sam to go home and rest while we finish everything here.

"What do you mean?" I acted clueless. I focused on my task and I noticed him stop what he was doing and faced me.

"You've been awfully silent and you can't even look at me in the eye. Did I do something wrong, love?"

"What? No! Oh gosh. No. It's nothing." I quickly defended myself. Washing the dishes faster now, I heard him sigh.

"Love, can you look at me?" I mashed my lips and continued washing the last plate.

"Babe." He called rubbing on my arm. With a sigh, I finished washing and closed the faucet. Wiping my hands on the dry towel, I faced him.

"Don't worry, Emil. It's just work." I told him.

"Why can't you look me in the eye, then?" Because I don't want to look at you and just blurt out what I feel for you... Mashing my lips together, I looked at him. This man was gorgeous and just looking at him now made me feel elated. His white dress shirt has two buttons popped out revealing his natural golden brown skin. My hands itched to touch him but I clenched my hands together to stop myself. His perfectly kept midnight black hair was now messed up after a long day at work leaving a few strands falling on his forehead. His eyes were dilated as he looked at me and I felt like I was getting swallowed by the deepest depths of his sapphire eyes. Butterflies took flight inside my stomach as he leaned forward and looked at me. He cupped my face and tilted it so he can look directly at me.

"Biya? What is it? Is there something wrong? Please tell me." His voice was soft and calming. Another sigh escaped my lips. Closing my eyes, I closed the distance between us and rested my head against his chest. I could hear his heart thumping rapidly and it reflected to the inner turmoil I had in my heart. I felt his hands wrap around my waist and held me close.

"I missed you." I whispered. My voice dripped with emotions I couldn't speak of and I held him tight.

"I missed you." I spoke again and I felt him take a deep breath before he held me tight. Cocooned in his strong arms, I felt safe and it made me smile that it gave me warmth and comfort. He gave me warmth and comfort. He really felt like my home... Am I making sense right now? I felt him kiss the top of my head and I melt into a puddle.

"We only got separated for a day since you had to go to work, love. I never left home but yeah... I'm not going anywhere." He chuckled before kissing me again on the crown of my head. He stroke my hair as he held me tight. I felt him slightly swaying us and it felt right. The thoughts burning in my mind and overlapping my senses suddenly died down.

"You know I'm so fucking confused right now. What got you acting like this?" He chuckled and I tried pulling away from him but he held me there.

"Nope. You're not going anywhere." He said holding me tight.

"How was work, love?"

"The usual. Got a stubborn patient but I can take her." I replied and he hummed.

"Tell me more about your day." He said.

"Blaze broke a coffee machine." I remembered that impatient man who smacked the coffee machine because he was too impatient to wait for his damn coffee. I heard him chuckle.