62: The Night We Licked our Wounds

Birthday update! Enjoy!

62: The Night We Licked our Wounds

Biya's POV

I led Emil to the living room, gingerly holding his bruised and torn knuckles. When I discovered him bloody and bruised, I made him return to the shower so he could clean the wounds before I treat them. Now, he was topless and was wearing boxer shorts. I was glad he opted on wrapping a white towel around his lower regions because that will be very distracting. I am a doctor but having to treat Emil without any clothes on would not make me not focus...

"Okay. Sit here." I guided him on the one seat white cushion and he obeyed silently. He was trying hard not to wince but his pained expression gave it all. I quickly went to grab the medical kit and some ice before returning to him.

"I'm sorry for making you worry." He started. I kneeled in front of him and reached to caress his cheek.

"You can tell me everything later. For now, stay still while I check you, okay?" I told him and he nodded, a small smile on his lips.

"Thank you, Biya." I smiled back. Taking out what he has in his medical kit, I started cleaning his wounds.

"Ah!" He flinched when I dabbed a clean cloth over the laceration on his eyebrow.

"Sorry."

"No. It's okay. Keep going." He said and closed his eyes. Tilting his head a little for me, I continued. Once I was done treating his eyebrow, I went to check on his lips and proceeded on treating that as well.

"Okay. I'm applying a cream over your wounds. Stay still."

"That I can do." He replied with his eyes still closed. Once I was done with his wounds, I moved on to check on his bruises. He has a bruise forming on his left cheek. I checked his body to see if he's got more bruises forming. Fortunately, it was only his face that took a beating. How ironic. The one thing he needed to protect for his career was harmed. I only spotted a few pinkish spots on his knees but it wasn't serious. Maybe he kneed someone...

"Do you feel any pain in your ribs?" I asked checking his chest again.

"No. I didn't take a lot of hit. Just my face." He chuckled before wincing again. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Come lay down while I put ice on your cheek. Have you eaten dinner? I'll order soup if you want." I offered waving my phone in front of him.

"Sure. Soup is good."

"Any special request?" I pressed Ronaldo's number and called him.

"Hmmmm... Crabmeat and corn will do. Order food for you as well. You haven't had dinner yet. I didn't have time to cook."

"Well, no shit, Sherlock. You went to some boxing match to God knows where."

"I'll tell you everything later. I promise." He smiled lightly trying not to strain his wounded lips.

"Hello, Miss Beatrice." Ronaldo answered.

"Hey Ronaldo. Uhm... I know it's late but can you go out and buy us dinner?"

"Of course. It's not a problem. What food will I be ordering?"

"Crabmeat and corn soup and 1 large thin crust pizza with peperoni and mushrooms, please."

"Noted, ma'am. Anything you would like to drink?"

"Get Gatorade, please. The blue one."

"Okay, ma'am. I'll be there as soon as I can."